Nate
  • Nate
  • Regular Topic Starter
10 years ago
Hi

I'm sure this gets asked lots of times ... Have seen a 53 RHD oval - LSV 601. Can any one tell me if this is a genuine UK car, date registered and orig colour?

Cheers
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rattletrap
10 years ago

Hi

I'm sure this gets asked lots of times ... Have seen a 53 RHD oval - LSV 601. Can any one tell me if this is a genuine UK car, date registered and orig colour?

Cheers

Originally Posted by: Nate 

I dont know the car,but the reg no LSV is an age related plate This usualy means that its a private import made around late 80s-90s. It could be a SouthAfrican or Aussie carfor example. It could possibly be a genuinee UK motor that has been robbed of a valuble 1953 reg number with an age related a replacement.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
PRE57VW
10 years ago
This is a RHD 1953 car but the original colour would of been L35 Metal blue ,this is visible when you look in the engine bay and other places.
I'm trying to record all original RHD UK cars and when I looked this one up with DVLA it was first registered on 15,11,1984 so looks likely to be an import.