chrisbug91
9 years ago
Currently for sale, does anyone know the car when it was in the UK?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1638567 
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
9 years ago
Yep. This car was only a few miles from my house from 1960-2002(ish) and owned by the same old chap all that time. He put it up for sale in 2002 and I went to have a look at it (he wanted £8,000 at the time). It looked respectible from 20 feet away but was in pretty poor condition having been patched up badly over the years, just about everywhere on the car. It had a lot of the original parts missing too like the ultra-rare RHD cabrio mirror, correct semaphores etc. I decided not to buy and it got sold to the US. Apparently, it hasn't been touched since being sold to the US and just gets used 'as is'.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
chrisbug91
9 years ago
Thanks for the info, unusual it's still displaying it's UK registration, would it not have to be put on a US plate?
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
Robb
9 years ago
the yanks love our English style plates :thumbup:
Rattletrap
9 years ago

the yanks love our English style plates :thumbup:

Originally Posted by: Robb 

They seem partial to RHD too.:smile:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
karlito
9 years ago
Sale pending.
Lots of money for a project...
Rich Oakley
9 years ago

Sale pending.
Lots of money for a project...

Originally Posted by: karlito 

Good luck to the new owner. It is a super-rare UK car but will need many English Pounds throwing at it to make it half decent.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Old Blue
9 years ago

Good luck to the new owner. It is a super-rare UK car but will need many English Pounds throwing at it to make it half decent.

Originally Posted by: Rich Oakley 

Half decent?

Looks neat in the picture apart from the colour. What was the first colour?
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Rich Oakley
9 years ago

Half decent?

Looks neat in the picture apart from the colour. What was the first colour?

Originally Posted by: Old Blue 

Like I said, it's been patched up over the years very badly from what I recall. To make it a very nicely restored example, you would easily have to throw £20k+ at it. The colour is Iris Blue.