JULIANROBINSON
2015-11-19T09:22:27Z
Whilst sorting my Domed hubcap collection looking for hubcaps for my '62.... I noticed one was dated 1954 ...

I've never noticed a date stamp on a Hubcap before... does anyone know when they stopped doing this?

Cheers

Julian

Sponsor

(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)
Rattletrap
2015-11-23T18:52:38Z
Where on the hubcap appears the date stamp Julian?

BTW How's LOW coming along:wink:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
The great Rattletrap debate: http://forums.pre67vw.co...aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
JULIANROBINSON
2015-12-03T21:19:15Z
Originally Posted by: Rattletrap 

Where on the hubcap appears the date stamp Julian?

BTW How's LOW coming along:wink:

The stamp is on the rim.. never seen it before..

I'll get a pic..

LOW is stalled at the moment.. but safe and dry. chassis done but waiting for a 1953 bonnet (cant find one anywhere) so we can move on with the bodywork... one will turn up...
Rattletrap
2015-12-04T16:36:05Z
Originally Posted by: JULIANROBINSON 

The stamp is on the rim.. never seen it before..

I'll get a pic..

Will be interesting. I'm assuming its stamped into the metal rather than stamped on (like an ink stamp).

Originally Posted by: JULIANROBINSON 

LOW is stalled at the moment.. but safe and dry. chassis done but waiting for a 1953 bonnet (cant find one anywhere) so we can move on with the bodywork... one will turn up...

Very interested in the outcome of LOW, a very significant Beetle to me. Shame the original bonnet is not useable.:smile:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
The great Rattletrap debate: http://forums.pre67vw.co...aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
JULIANROBINSON
2015-12-07T16:09:33Z
Spent an exciting afternoon yesterday finding and cleaning the rims of genuine hubcaps in the search for stamps...

I took a lot of photos and will upload them soon...

All is not as it would seem...

Some are stamped and some are not...

Pics to follow..

:)