William
bigoval
5 years ago
It's good to be back :)

Long may it continue!
tofufi
5 years ago

Hello everyone :)

I don't think I was a frequent poster here, but I'm just completing a 10-year resto on this little beast... my first car :)

UserPostedImage

Just the carpets to finish, and an air-leak on the inlet manifold side to fix UserPostedImage​​​​​​​

pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
5 years ago
Very nice!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
tofufi
5 years ago

Just a quick thought as I logged in earlier...

When you log in to the forum page, the general chat section is near the bottom, quite hard to find. Perhaps moving it to the top would make it easier to find and increase posting? UserPostedImage​​​​​​​

SixtyFive
4 years ago
Wow! Just looked on here, as I’m after another pre 64 bug, and was amazed to see the forum still here.

Much prefer forums over faceache, stuff gets lost on there... and full of clueless people, and the cars on the pages are quite awful!!!
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
4 years ago

Wow! Just looked on here, as I’m after another pre 64 bug, and was amazed to see the forum still here.

Much prefer forums over faceache, stuff gets lost on there... and full of clueless people, and the cars on the pages are quite awful!!!

Originally Posted by: SixtyFive 

It's still here, still very quiet - but at least I'm not getting all the spam accounts that caused me to shut it down before. It's so difficult to get people to post, although many post regularly on Facebook. Maybe it's more difficult here, or maybe it's because it's perceived as being more permanent? Who knows...!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
bigoval
4 years ago
I have much to write up and post here...

For me personally - I haven't had a very good reception to my car on thesamba... perhaps because it is "modified" with its large rear window....

There is also a large wealth of information here - both amongst the membership and the forum itself.
Here you get relevant responses to what generally are UK based issues - where as other forums which are more international in focus tend not to be as UK focused.... not to say that we don't have over-seas people here, but I find their manners are better here than elsewhere.

I do stop by fairly frequently - I must update my progress more often!