51reutter
3 years ago
Hi guys,

Very soon I’ll start the build of a 1954 Oval that I’ve been keen on doing for many years. Rusty and incomplete so a perfect candidate for an Oldspeed! ;)
It will be tuned up with several period correct upgrades. The main idea is to participate in several Classic Car Rallies and also for track use, but ultimately in the Mile Miglia!
Instagram | @early_type
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
51reutter
2 years ago
Next week I’ll be collecting the chassis. It is in very bad shape and missing some parts, but I’ll put it back in shape. Luckily I was able to find a correct ribbed door body for it, but it will came home in a later time.
For now I am searching and buying some period correct accessories like these 1951-56 Marchal 640 fog lights! ;) 53296B49-B9C1-44BC-836E-AB174BF39149.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Instagram | @early_type
51reutter
2 years ago
Also bought these Bosch K11125’s will have to check which go better on the car, these or the Marchal’s… ;) 376358D3-4BAF-49A6-92A3-0994CB75C3B0.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Instagram | @early_type
51reutter
2 years ago
A few specs for this build:

- Body with 3 fold sunroof, (that will be installed by me) still uncertain about the exterior color, but aiming for something like the German period race cars, most probably Metallic Silver (suggestions are welcome!)
Studying the idea of having the engine cover and rear arches in aluminium and maybe also the outer door skins…

- Engine, Wolfsburg West 1300cc kit with 69,5 crankshaft, twin carbs, Fram filter and a 4 in 1 Sebring exhaust

- Transmission, most certainly a Type 3 or a 356A

- Interior will have two speedster bucket seats, Les Leston wood steering wheel, two-point safety belts, central rool-bar and no rear seat.

- Extras will be many, like some Lemmerz 4,5” wheels with Dunlop Racing tyres, 356A aluminium brakes, enlarged petrol tank, Plexiglass rear, side and pop-out windows, headlight grilles and bonnet straps.
Just to mention a few! 😉
Instagram | @early_type
51reutter
2 years ago
Using this beauty for inspiration…

41D95633-CFC2-4079-87C3-E8D0ED7E87D2.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Instagram | @early_type
pre67vw
2 years ago
Sounds awesome! Keep us updated with some pics!!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
2 years ago
Some inspiration for you...

19XX-Straehle-109a_klein.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
 19XX-Straehle-105a_klein.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
51reutter
2 years ago
Thanks! So nice🤘

Love the look of the #25 Split! With those super rare steel/aluminium Porsche 356 pre-a 16” wheels!… Supercool

0642FEEE-826B-45EE-AD27-E87DF84630EB.jpeg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Instagram | @early_type
51reutter
2 years ago

Sounds awesome! Keep us updated with some pics!!

Originally Posted by: pre67vw 

Of course, as soon as it arrives I’ll post it here 😉
Instagram | @early_type