Andy Sparks
18 years ago
Just bought a standard 34hp engine, however it's a stationary engine, i.e never been installed in a car. It has spent many a year as a back up generator in a school in germany, and look lovely, only run in hours no load.

However it has a mad bell housing bolted where the gear box would be, that bolts to the floor and the flywheel has it's teeth 90 degrees out. i.e the teeth stick out from the face of the flywheel, and the ring around the outside is smooth.

Good find as it has only run a few hours, and look really good condition, also should not need align boring.

Andy
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
18 years ago
Sounds very interesting! where did you find it? got any pics of the bellhousing?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
six-o-one
18 years ago
I know of another generator with 34hp engine which is for sale if anyone is interested?

It doesn't look to be in very good condition though!

It's located near Banbury. :wink:

six-o-one
Andy Sparks
18 years ago
Here you go here one. It's up for grabs if anyone wants it, i have this and the flywheel, which is a 90 degrees out flywheel.

They face forward.

Andy  4084.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Andy Sparks
18 years ago
Sorry that should have said the teeth face forward on the flywheel, towards where the clutch sould be. There is a hole in the side where the starter went.

Would make a good bench mounted engine stand.

Also it's free, to collect. Don't have space.  4085.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.