six-o-one
18 years ago
I used to own this back in 1985 and it's turned up for sale here and on ebay. :shock:

[url=https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4623888521&fromMakeTrack=true
]https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4623888521&fromMakeTrack=true
[/url]

I bought it as an unfinished project and sold it in exactly the same condition as I bought it in.

It was yellow when I owned it and the original registration number was 54 CLD. The shell is older then the seller says it is (Not a Zwitter) as it had the original one piece side glass installed with the notch at the top and it had a split dash. It also had the raised lump above the windscreen for the arial which has since been flattened! I think I checked it out and it was a '50 or early '51.

It had a later beam and gearbox and came with a 1500 single port engine in bits and no interior.

I bought it from a guy in Worthing who started the project in 1975 and had since got married, had kids and completly lost intersted in his 10 year project!

When he bought it in '75 it had the usual oval window conversion at the back (he gave me the oval glass when I bought it) and had been used as a delivery vehicle by a Worthing based electrical repairs business.

I'll see if I can find a few pictures from when I owned it...

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
18 years ago
:shock: A few photos from October 1985...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

21 years older and wiser now! :wink:
nev
  • nev
  • pre67vw Junkie
18 years ago
thats scary :shock:
Andy Sparks
18 years ago
Dude judging by one of the pictures on e bay, it's the worst cut and shut i have seen

UserPostedImage
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
heb623
18 years ago
Malc are you sure yo did not transform that yellow "thing" :shock:
that used to be called split window ... ... ... ...
... ... ... into your Hebmuller? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Andy Sparks
18 years ago
Heb 623 think you have discovered something there
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Bert53
18 years ago
Ahhh Malc......the 1980's, decade of style. Unfortunately not in the case of this split :lol:
mrsherbie
18 years ago
I bet that was very cool indeed back in the mid '80s!
And I just bet you had some mad patterned long shorts to match?! :lol:

It sold for good money though eh £4.6k!

Is'nt it a nice feeling to know that cars you have owned are still alive 😃 :wink:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
six-o-one
18 years ago

Is'nt it a nice feeling to know that cars you have owned are still alive 😃 :wink:

"mrsherbie" wrote:

According to the DVLA my other bug in the picture is still around too, but it's now maroon! 😃