Andy Sparks
17 years ago
Anyone seen the 1947 for sale in this months VW Ultra. Oh let my 6 numbers come up this evening
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
I was at the Brooklands auction approx 7 years ago when John Miller successfully bid and purchased the car.
I was actually there with the view of buying it myself,after viewing the car i did not place a bid.Much work is needed and a lot of money needs to be spent.John to his credit is not trying to hide these points.
It is a very rare car.I hope someone buys it and does a good job of the restoration,it will be lovely to see it on the road again.
Chris
17 years ago
It would look nice next to [/b][/i]our[i]🅱 '47 😃
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Rich Oakley
17 years ago
I've seen this car years ago and it does need a considerable amount of work to be made good. It used to be owned by a chap called Tony Oliver (if I remember correctly!) before it was auctioned. Tony found it in a scrapyard in 1962 and paid £10 for it!!!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
48REME
17 years ago
You are joking!!! Is John selling the 47? How come?
I got the rare priviledge of going to see his collection last summer when he was going to buy my 48. He needed a 48 to fill the gap in his otherwise complete chronology of cars from 47 to 52. I don't understand...
The 47 is very nice even though it needs some work, mostly mechanically
though. The engine has got very little compression left.
Still, can't knock it...