JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
17 years ago
Oh go on...! 😃

Stock, eh? Better delete that Vintage Speed forum then Rob!! :twisted:

Its all a double standard, i tells ya! They're all against me!! :shock:

😃

(Lucky I didn't mention my plans for the whale tail and moulding the wings onto the car with an inch and a half of filler! Are murals considered passé these days?)
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
17 years ago
what about:

The home of stock vintage aircooled Volkswagens & other stuff I like

:wink:

it is a double standard sometimes, I agree.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
17 years ago

what about:

The home of stock vintage aircooled Volkswagens & other stuff I like

"pre67vw" wrote:

Yeah! The "Things Rob Likes" forum! Thats got a real ring to it. 😎
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
17 years ago
seriously though, don't wreck your car by lowering it and putting fuch wheels on it. It doesn't get much better than these:

UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Chris
17 years ago
Oh yes it does........ :lol:

UserPostedImage

But then again I am slightly biased. :roll:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
Modesty forbids me to comment.
pre67vw
17 years ago
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
17 years ago

seriously though, don't wreck your car by lowering it and putting fuch wheels on it. It doesn't get much better than these:

UserPostedImage

"pre67vw" wrote:

Those are very lovely indeed. Shame that some speed crazy hot rodder has wrecked the one in the foreground by fitting a four tip exhaust! Ruddy `ooligans!

The kind of wreck that I am actually trying to avoid is the kind that involves crossply tyres and trying to take a corner at more than 12mph in the wet! That will do nothing for the cause of vehicle preservation either. I do intend to actually drive this car a few miles, not just keep it as a museum piece. Nothing against museum pieces - they have their place.....

Its funny, but when I look at the pics of the gold oval on the thread here, the first thing that I (and I would think most of the non car loving general public) see is a really nicely restored old car. Sure, it has a few "wrong" bits on it, but that takes nothing away from it IMHO.

Anyway, I'll leave it there. I know I'm in the minority here!
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
17 years ago
You may be in the minority here but you're definetly in the majority of the rest of the VW 'scene' (I hate that word)

I've had a few lowered VW's, and I can tell you from experience what the general public thinks of them - "excuse me mate, I think your suspension is broken". :roll: - or if you happen to be giving someone a lift its "why is this ride so bad?"

And yes, the owner of that particular car is a real hoodlum - its got a genuine Okrasa engine in it. Naughty boy. :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
17 years ago

LOL - I hate "scene" too. I must not be true "dubber" then. (looks in vain for "barf" smiley!!)

UserPostedImage