chris.james
17 years ago
my bug lived in a barn from1974 to now.but one day the roof came doun
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
chris.james
17 years ago
so i fixed it.  6723.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
mrsherbie
17 years ago
Impressive job!

I have some snow damage roof dents, but they're staying as I like them! :shock: :lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
chris.james
17 years ago
😞 yes but i still carnt get the hud to slide .im 3mm out  6761.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
mrsherbie
17 years ago

😞 yes but i still carnt get the hud to slide .im 3mm out

"chris.james" wrote:

Do you mean the mechanism wont slide when fitted into the roof with with the aluminium slider rails screwed down?
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
chris.james
17 years ago
yes most of the bits are worn or mising .ive had to straten out most of the parts. this car is not for the fian harted .  6770.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
17 years ago
:Dfrunt clip .i had to make one to fit my bug. i used the inside part of the old one and the out side part of a new one.i also modifide a new spereweel well to look like the old one.  6831.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
17 years ago
frunt clip  6832.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
17 years ago
weel well  6833.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
17 years ago
a bit more done now.  7469.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
gipf
  • gipf
  • pre67vw Junkie
17 years ago
more pics! 🙂 looking good.
Jules
17 years ago
I must say, I do like the 3 spoke look (mine is a little larger than yours though :D), and that dash of yours is looking great! The horn button looks much happier in it's new home than it did on the wall above my desk!

I think you will be needing one of our correct Pre '57 Gear Shift boots though, and while you are about it a nice set of early pedal rubbers!

Keep up the good work Chris!

chris.james
17 years ago
😃 rubber will have to wate.theres sill a lot to do.but i no were to come.  7499.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Alexb
17 years ago
HI Chris - I run the Lincolnshire Vw club www.fl4tlanders.com

Come along if you fancy meeting a few local vw owners 😃
chris.james
17 years ago
:Dthanks i will meet with you.but it will have to be in the new year.my boss who lets me youse the werkshop to play in has set me a chalange.to get paint on my car for chrismas.fat chance of that. i put a mist cote of black over the primer.then i flated that back.this gives you a idear of were to fill.it is not to bad but i think that i have at least 50 owers to go on paint. THIS IS MY BOSS HARD AT WERK.  7519.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
17 years ago
does any body no. are the jaking pionts on my 54 the same as stadard replasement ones that you can get an y were.
chris.james
17 years ago
😃 Has any body got a photo of a 54 standard.one to show me what it should look like.ie is there crome or not.oh and i need a bit for my door.well most of the bottom really.  7602.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
17 years ago
😃 the latest photo.i bort this car in September.it was a bit of a shed but now it looks like a car.i have decided to leave some of the dents. i think that thay soot this old beast.i hope that i have done her Justis.  7690.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chris.james
17 years ago
😃 ONE MORE PHOTO.  7696.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.