Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
17 years ago
GB on it too - I wonder what the history of that one is!! 😎
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
Is that the Ex Richard Cotton car he sold to Jackie Morrel in France.
Think So, it's got a big GB on the engine cover,just like the last time i saw it in the UK
48REME
17 years ago
I remember when Ronan Sill from Leicestershire had it. I can't remember if he sold it to or bought it from Richard Cotton but I remember a sale figure of £1200 at the time!
'50 Karmann
17 years ago

I remember when Ronan Sill from Leicestershire had it. I can't remember if he sold it to or bought it from Richard Cotton but I remember a sale figure of £1200 at the time!

"48REME" wrote:

Ronan first then Richard.
£1200 Ah! the good old days.
Don't say that seems to be about right for today either Rob.
six-o-one
17 years ago

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

Ronan first then Richard.
£1200 Ah! the good old days.
Don't say that seems to be about right for today either Rob.

"48REME" wrote:

Was that back in the days of pounds, shillings and pence (d) ?? :wink:
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
Malc that was about the same time my father and i went to see a very reasonble 23 window Samba in Cheshire.

Asking price?

£100.

My father walked away said the guy was talking "Silly Money"
pre67vw
17 years ago

£100

"'50 Karmen" wrote:

Now thats what I aspire to :wink:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Andy Sparks
17 years ago

Malc that was about the same time my father and i went to see a very reasonble 23 window Samba in Cheshire.

Asking price?

£100.

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

How muh wre houses at this point in time, £100, you'de have his arm off today.
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
48REME
17 years ago
It was in the mid-80s. Seems like yesterday but it's about 20 years ago already!
I remember around 1988 turning my nose up at a Belgian who was selling an immaculate 52 Standard Split, first paint still gleaming like new, original interior and engine like new, a timewarp basically... I thought it was outrageous that he was asking £3000!
Well it wasn't that cheap then but considering some idiot in Germany has just offered me a 52 Standard Sunroof, with re-upholstered seats and oval engine for 20000 euros last week, I guess £3000 wasn't that bad a price back then! :?
six-o-one
17 years ago
When I got my first job after leaving art college in 1984 my salary was £3,000 per year!! :?
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
My first job after college was working in the Housing office for the local council.

£28 a week.

We were so poor we lived in a hole in the road.
Andy Sparks
17 years ago

My first job after college was working in the Housing office for the local council.

£28 a week.

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

Times have changed, at least the car is still doing the rounds. Thought that someone would have tried to restore it at some point.
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Chris
17 years ago
'50 Karmann said

Hole in t' ground ? Luxury ! When we were young, we used to live in bottom of lake..... :lol:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Rich Oakley
17 years ago
Richard Cotton paid £750 for that car. It looked like this...
UserPostedImage

He sold it to Ronan Sill for £1200 who in turn passed it on to Monsieur Morel who promised to restore the beast.

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
heb623
17 years ago
I liked to buy that Cabrio to put it next to the Heb in the garage so I informed about the selling price of that Cabrio! 🙂
After hearing the justified price of it I think it is better to keep the Hebmuller standing parked alone in the garage! 😞
Only when i could win Euro Millions one time I would be able to afford that Cabriolet! :?
Price: €22.500,-

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
six-o-one
17 years ago

I liked to buy that Cabrio to put it next to the Heb in the garage so I informed about the selling price of that Cabrio! 🙂
After hearing the justified price of it I think it is better to keep the Hebmuller standing parked alone in the garage! 😞
Only when i could win Euro Millions one time I would be able to afford that Cabriolet! :?
Price: €22.500,-

"heb623" wrote:

ET, I included the price in my first post. :wink:
It doesn't look like it's changed much since Richard had it!
heb623
17 years ago

Sorry Malc

Must have been still in shock after your price indication in the first post :oops:

My eyes were focussed on the Cabriolet :shock: not on the price tag! :roll:
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
Just had a real close look at all the pics.
If you want the car 100%.Oh! boy is it going to cost you.
Don't think you could sell it to cover the resto costs, even in 20 years time.
Can't see the point of doing it anyway but the right way,And you could throw £5/6 K at the hood alone,wood will cost £1 K +.
And i've been down the finding wings/fenders road yes it can be done,but these are big money outlay jobs these days.
I hope someone saves and puts back on the road another Split dash Karmann,and they say you can't have too much of a good thing,but once was enough thankyou.