Chris
  • Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
Well, after hearing all the horror stories I decided today was the day to fit the clutch cable. :? Sent the Mrs and our daughter to the outlaws, put The Clash on the cd player in the garage and got to it.
Well, all I can say is that it was nowhere near as bad as I thought. I'd heard stories of people cutting holes in the tunnel to get the cable to hook around the internal fixture :shock: . I suppose it helped that all the pedal assembly was off the pan. In the end I managed to fit all the assembly including the brake pedal & spring, the accelerator and the accelarator cable 😃 , which leads me to the following question:-
I have fitted an accelerator cable that I had in the garage, it said on the packaging '65>, Is there any difference between the one fitted and an oval one ? If so I assume it's to do with the length ?
I thought I'd fit it anyway to get some grease into the tunnel, so I'm expecting to have to change it anyway. :roll:
Also where can I get one from and how much am I looking at paying ? :cry:
I was going to put some pictures on here but they came out pretty poor. 😞

Have a good Christmas everyone !!! :wink:

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads