BazooooL
9 years ago
its ok its not a personal thing :roll:

I`ve recently purchase a 65 - 6 volt beetle having come back to the vw after a few years away & im sorting out my tools & spares to carry for if/when I grind to a halt someday

one problem I recall was if a broke down somewhere on my own, it was difficult to see if I`d got a spark or fuel where I should have, while I was turning over the car via the key up front

whats the best way to get round this ? a simple piggy back off the starter solenoid live ran into the engine bay, so I could touch/turn over the engine by touch this lead to the dynamo live (from battery) ? apart from being in neutral with the hand brake on, anything I should beware of ? any better ways ?.........I had an old morris minor once that had a push button switch as standard under the bonnet for just such a test

all info much appreciated
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
9 years ago
contact on, turn poulie with hand...you can see or ...feel the spark if you hold the wire with other hand 😉 Fuel? look in to carb and see if accelerator tupe gives fuel.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Old Blue
9 years ago

its ok its not a personal thing :roll:

I had an old morris minor once that had a push button switch as standard under the bonnet for just such a test

all info much appreciated

Originally Posted by: BazooooL 

Our Morris Minor Traveller has that, I thought we'd the only one!

1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!