blendfunctionwithform
9 years ago
Hello all,

I am restoring my Sept 55 Standard RHD Oval floorpan, unfortunately there are a lot of repairs to make to the floor pan halves, mainly around the perimeters. I would like to buy replacement pan halves and would really appreciate the general opinion of which is better quality. Wolfsburg West or Gerson Funky Green panels?

Thank you.

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Lost64
9 years ago
I used the Wolfsburg West floorpans on my '57 Oval, and I was very pleased with the quality and fit of these panels. You will need to weld the jacking points on, as well as the sloping section that goes across the rear of the chassis. Apparently WW do this to aid the shipment of the panels. However, it allows you to tweak the fit if you need to.

Unlike the generic panels, the WW units are very thick metal, just like the original VW floorpans, so they won't 'give' when you put pressure on them.

I can't comment on the Klassic Fab floorpans, but I used their front wings and heater channels, and was delighted with these too.

It's good that companies such as WW and Klassic Fab make and supply decent quality parts, I restored a 1964 Beetle back in the 1990's, and all you could get were poor quality panels that were very thin, and required a great deal of work to fit.

Of course, nothing beats the original VW panels, but they're almost impossible to come by, and if you are lucky to find any, you'll need very deep pockets!

Gavin.:beer:
ianmac
9 years ago
The klassicfab floor pans are very good, excellent metal thickness, excellent fit and very accurate pressings
blendfunctionwithform
9 years ago
Thank you for sharing your experiences, it seems like both are getting excellent reviews, a positive step for the vw scene. Cheers