1974dudley
9 years ago
keiths garages stickers from my 63  IMG_1575 latest.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
1974dudley
9 years ago
second pic  latest IMG_1533 small.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1974dudley
9 years ago
The car in question 1963 31600 miles, one owner, sold to a car dealership in Aylesbury following the death of the original owner. Bought by a guy in Northern Ireland who didn't register it in his name and then purchased by me years ago after looking at around eighty or ninety different cars for the right beetle, the keeper. Sold by the guy as his wife wouldn't sit in it due to the lack of seat belts or allow the kids to travel in it. Originally sold by Keiths Garages who are still a dealership in Aylesbury today. Thought someone might like the og dealership sticker pics if they had a Keiths garages beetle and needed a reference for reproducing the decals.  IMG_1545 latest small.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rich Oakley
9 years ago
I like this a lot- thanks for sharing. Can you please post some more pictures of the car!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
1974dudley
9 years ago
Some more pics for you Rich whilst on location at the Palace stables in Armagh at a recent movie shoot.  tomo film shoot.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  tomo film shoot 2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  tomo film shoot 3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1974dudley
9 years ago
One more with a little trickery to show the hazet tool kit.  jack bug.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1974dudley
9 years ago
Nice minty original paint dash and original interior.  UNPAITED DASH.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1974dudley
9 years ago
Out in the rain, bonnet badge shot.  IMG_1553.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pete67
9 years ago
Hi Dudley,

thanks for sharing. That's a lovely og beetle you have - congrats. I have just sourced a company to reproduce the dealership decals for my NI reg 67 beetle - a mate had the decal from the very same dealership that sold mine in Bangor in the 60's. Love details like that. Great you beetle has the decals in place.

Where you based? Armagh? I am based in Tyrone and would love to cruise to the Lavenham show next year. Maybe we can get an irish contingent road trip!!
1974dudley
9 years ago
Hi Pete, I'm from Donaghmore, Co Tyrone. Might go over to Lavenham. Must check the dates.

1974dudley
9 years ago
Hi Pete, I would love to have a look at your 67 for reference as I'm welding up a 1967 Tyrone reg beetle at the min. It came from Loughrans in Ballygawley. If your in Tyrone aswell we can't be too far from each other.
pete67
9 years ago
Hi,

yep no problem at all. Happy for you to take any references from my 67 beetle you need. I am based in Castlederg. When the sun comes out a can take a race your way sometime.

Pete
1974dudley
9 years ago
Cheers Pete will pm you my details. Have whipped the floorpans out of the 67 and braced the shell and removed the heater channels and refitted the front axle to get it rolling for when the body is lifted off. It needs a good few panels but as no one has been at it before it will come together alright. On a plus point the 67 valance is solid. Hope to get the pans in soon if the weathers ok.
1974dudley
8 years ago
Another shot of the 63 from a different angle.  brian wilkinson my beetle.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1974dudley
8 years ago
Full frontal of the 63  63 bug.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.