SixtyFive
10 years ago
just put a deposit on a swedish 64.

plan is to keep it mostly stock, just with one or 2 accessories (pop outs)

its not often you see them, or have most been made to look earlier?

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
karlito
10 years ago
Here's mine, original matching numbers car, three owners, stock as a rock!

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 
SixtyFive
10 years ago
lovely! whats the story on it?
did you pick it up local to you?
karlito
10 years ago
I did, it turned up on facebook of all things!

30 miles down the road, it had a 1600 engine in it but the owner had kept the original in the garden :roll: under a bit of lino, so, when he asked if I wanted it I said most definately yes!

I got it home, sold the engine, Empi 5 spokes, popped a pair of heater channels in it (only welding its had done) cleaned up the original mats etc and gave it a wash and voila, back on the road after 10 years sat under a tree being generally ignored.

I guess at some point I will have to give it a respray, but I love it in its survivor state

You got any pics of yours then?!
SixtyFive
10 years ago
wow sounds good! not often you hear of cars like that anymore

only 2 bad photo's of it in the background!
but won't be too long till its in the uk, can't wait!
SixtyFive
8 years ago
here is my 64, now finished?
now back on stock steels, would like wider ones for the rear, and refit the stock width beam.

UserPostedImage
antoine
8 years ago
Here's my recently acquired '64.

UserPostedImage 

UserPostedImage 

anyone who has browsed the classifieds on here recently may recognise it. So far I haven't done much other than fit an inline electric washer pump and convert the original push button valve to operate a micro switch.
though i do rather like the idea of wasting lots of time and money going old speed on the engine.
Anthony.
Pearl white '64 Beetle.
Chianti red '71 Bay.
Not enough spanners.
vwhelmot
8 years ago
Here is my big window 64 ex show cal looker undergoing a full ground up restoration. The recesses for the narrowed beam are next on the list to rectify and then the front clip sides.
UserPostedImage 
SixtyFive
8 years ago
can't wait to see it done!

i still remember when it was displayed on the plinth at volksworld, must of been 11-12 years ago?
vwhelmot
8 years ago
Cheers, Good memory , it was on the plinth 11 years ago. I bought it back after 8 years out of my ownership.
The Bear
8 years ago
Here's my 1964 Beetle "Burt"

I brought him a year ago and have done a lot of welding and re sprayed it Pastel white.

It's been off the road since 2001 and spent its life on the Isle of Wight until I got it.
Hopefully he should be back on the road in the next couple of weeks!  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  image.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
www.bearbodyworks.co.uk