BazooooL
7 years ago
Hi all

thought id pop this up as the question of protecting your car in the British winter if your garage is already full of VWs , i.ve never been truly sold on car covers as they never seem to keep things as dry as id like, but I might have found the answer, This item in the pic was bought off ebay for less than £100 (delivered) - galv frame which seem quite sturdy, s/steel fixings & nylon string reinforced tarp cover, shaped to withstand the wind as these are often found in fields

size was 6m x 3m & managed to put it up & bolt down in about 5 hours, closed it up, and its amazing how warm it was in there with no draughts

anyone else used one of these ? I'm hoping I get at least 1 winter out of it
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Old Blue
7 years ago
There certainly is plenty of space. But for that money you are well on the way to buying the materials to build a light car port.

It may be warm under the plastic cover type you have, but warmth and damp can go hand-in-hand. A car port on the other hand allows air to circulate, and in freezing cold weather the air tends to be much drier.

The worse place to store a car is in a confined garage with no ventilation. Even worse to put a bottle gas heater in with it.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
BazooooL
7 years ago
it seems to be keeping dry enough at the moment - the 12 side vents help,

when I say warm, its not exactly balmy, but away from the wind chill it does seem more pleasant
alec2som
7 years ago
I got mine from just-carcovers.co.uk and I have no complaints so far.