69project
12 years ago

:smile: my pass came on the 15th.

harveypj wrote:

hope it say "plus 1" on it
Car less.....
Mike Peckham
12 years ago
Seems as though we have a little convoy going up from Sussex. If anyone wants to join us, we will be meeting at the Buck Barn Service station on the A272 / A24 cross roads.

The rendezvous time is set at 7:30 at the moment but it might be subject to change...

Mike :smile:
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
Emily's dad
12 years ago
NEWS FLASH::
For the first time in my life I may buy the Daily Mail tommorow as they are running a piece on the show and Ivan Hirst...
http://ivanhirst.com  and the Ivan Hirst Volkswagen meeting! UserPostedImage
chthemonkey
12 years ago
i've not recived my pass for 794 xug yet if it doesent come does it matter if i have one at the gate:?
Kev
  • Kev
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
I spoke to Tim yesterday and he told me they were having trouble with sending to yahoo and AOL email addresses. He then sent mine to my work email address, but also said the army guys and gals marshalling would have a list too so you should be ok :smile:
rickycox
12 years ago

NEWS FLASH::
For the first time in my life I may buy the Daily Mail tommorow as they are running a piece on the show and Ivan Hirst...

Emily's dad wrote:

Any idea what page ? I've looked front to back and can't find it ?
Classic Volkswagen & Porsche Restoration
www.wonkydonkeyemporium.co.uk 
Follow us on Twitter 
Emily's dad
12 years ago

Any idea what page ? I've looked front to back and can't find it ?

rickycox wrote:

Me either.. I'll bend the ear of the Journalist tonight!

Sorry for the false hope!
54 Gertie
12 years ago
What time is kick-off tomorrow? Just checked the website and I cant see? :smile:
William
chthemonkey
12 years ago
Thought i'd let you all know before you think he's let us down 2 punctures ended the trip:x one at birmingham and the other at warick south service. called the emergency services and they gave me and the beetle a lift to lemington kwick fit which were s£$t as were all the others so one of the tyres in bits and the other one has 2 cans of tyre weld in it which got us home about 10 mins ago. i think the next investment is a roof rack and alot of spare wheels with tyres and innertubes. at least the beetles home in one peace though thats all thats inportant after all the polishing yesterday. uplode some pics soon some we can see what we missed
Emily's dad
12 years ago
To all those that made it to the show, and to our sadly missed friends who couldn't make it... On behalf of the REME Museum and all those involved in organising the show we'd like to thank you all for another fab day out.

I know the press and PR team from Volkswagen had a great day with us and that I think I speak for all of us when I say thank you for supporting REME, the show and the goodie bags :smile: There may be a possibility with Volkswagen's ongoning support that Ivan Hirst may just ride again!
chthemonkey
12 years ago
I know i'm p'ed off i never made it hopfully the next one if it hopefully happens i'll be there like the first show :thumbup:
vintagebug
12 years ago

Photos, anyone?

I would like to have gone to this show, but sadly it's just too far away from me for a one-day show (800 mile round trip). If it has to move location for next year, if it's on, a bit nearer the centre of the country would be great! My car might even be ready by then... :thumbup: :wink:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
Thanks again Tim for a great show!! It was a great day out.

The journey home was a little less fun as the '47 appears to have snapped a con rod. Not good, but that's old cars for you!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
7.30am, Sussex. Fuel stop...
UserPostedImage

Kev, Dave and Simon eating bacon rolls...
UserPostedImage

JLT..
UserPostedImage

Dodgy bunch..
UserPostedImage

Even dodgier...
UserPostedImage

Scabby. Nice to see it again after all these years though...
UserPostedImage

Mudlark Steve's low mileage Indigo Blue '60. Nice...
UserPostedImage

Shifty. The pair of 'em...
UserPostedImage

Jules, Paul, Steve and Ivanovich...
UserPostedImage

The car of the show for me. '56 Oval Ragtop. I've been keeping tabs on this one for years and it's just emerged from a 30+ year hibernation in Norwich...
UserPostedImage

Splits...
UserPostedImage

Paul's '46 engine...
UserPostedImage

Ricky, Julian, Paul and Kev..
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

If you want to see more pictures of Rob, just email me. I have loads of random shots of him, mainly on ferries. Email me for more details...
UserPostedImage

Kev's Kab..
UserPostedImage

Ouch! My con rod is broken. Please tow me home!!!
UserPostedImage

ok...
UserPostedImage
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
OUCH :cry: You can re-build her:thumbup:

Andy W
RoRoVw
12 years ago
Really sorry to hear that, Rich. Hopefully you'll find a solution very soon. I suppose it could have been worse and have happened on the way to Bad Camberg.
What were the symptoms of the failure?
Rob.
Rich Oakley
12 years ago

Really sorry to hear that, Rich. Hopefully you'll find a solution very soon. I suppose it could have been worse and have happened on the way to Bad Camberg.
What were the symptoms of the failure?
Rob.

RoRoVw wrote:

Hi Rob,

Indeed, I'm glad it went fairly close to home!!

The symptoms- it went 'bang' and there was a lot of metallic grinding noise from the bottom end- not good!

Cheers,
Rich.
six-o-one
12 years ago
That's a real shame about the engine Rich. At least you have all winter to fix it!

Here's some of my photos from Sunday...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Malc
52deluxebug
12 years ago
Had a great time. Lovely event, met up with some good friends.

Sorry to hear about your engine Rich.

Hope they do the event again in some shape or form.

B.
Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other
chthemonkey
12 years ago
looks like it was a grate show just p'ed off i never made it. just found out the problem was the wrong sized innertubes so they were folded over in the wheel and burst in two places