AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Why Dose it wind you up????????? It only pushes up the price of the well kept ones good ones will always sell :thumbup: As for the others thay put all that money in to them then bleet like the sheep thay are when nobody wants to buy them i know of some spoilt bugs when i was looking for my new toy and thay carnt shift em !!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if thay put them back to standard ????????????????? Would put the price of front axels up to replace all the narrowd ones :shock: Just my thourhts Keep it original and have an asset in your garage.

Andy W
52deluxebug
12 years ago
He came to look at my split in the shop - I know him really well and he's ok apart from his tendancies to wreck vintage VWs (sorry freddie, you know how I feel about vintage vw tin).

Anyways, I was trying to tell him that the only way you get top money for vintage VWs is if they are perfectly stock. You do not get top money for rat-look or custom cars. You don't get top money for cars missing all the rare bits either.

Still, its his car (unless we all bunch together and go rescue the poor thing) πŸ˜› πŸ˜›
Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other
chrisbug91
12 years ago
I would just like to say that not all of the younger generation likes to 'wreck' these wonderful cars. Im 20 and have always been in the totaly stock camp, I just don't see why you want to do what some people do to such rare cars. At least this isn't a minter like the 56.
1975 1300 (1 family owned)
Mike Peckham
12 years ago
I’m with Andy on this, it’s a shame to see nice old cars turned into identikit custom jobs, but each car that has been Freddied, makes our stock cars, with their provenance and history that bit rarer and more valuable.

Mike

July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
freddie89
12 years ago
In all honestly guys I don't understand. I'm a 22 year old lad (I'm sure you have all been young once) I'm into VW's like you all are, You like yours stock height, I appreciate that and don't slag any of you off, If one of you modified your car and I didn't like it there is no way I would start a thread bitching about it, its pretty immature is it not?

I HATE finding threads like this, I'm not a bad person, all I'm doing is lowering an old car, not committing murder, not steeling, just lowering a car.

I'm not TOUCHING the original beam, spring plates, spindles so It COULD be returned to stock. The very worst damage that could occur through me "slamming" my car is one day it may need new floor pans or worst case scenario a new framehead, but hey, wouldn't it need that if I hadn't bought it and it was left to rot even more?

Lets TRY and get on hey?

Please try and see where I'm coming from instead of starting an argument.
GKL 7
12 years ago

its pretty immature is it not?

freddie89 wrote:

Err!! Think you started that one Freddie.
You came on the windup and now you don't like the replies.Go figure.
freddie89
12 years ago

Err!! Think you started that one Freddie.
You came on the windup and now you don't like the replies.Go figure.

GKL 7 wrote:

Windup? I replied saying yes im going to slam it, which is true...

:bored:
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Windup? I replied saying yes im going to slam it, which is true...

:bored:

freddie89 wrote:

Come on you walk into a stock VW forum...announce you're going to slam a rare early VW and you say you're hurt at the reaction...now you're taking the piss.:roll:
John.
freddie89
12 years ago

Come on you walk into a stock VW forum...announce you're going to slam a rare early VW and you say you're hurt at the reaction...now you're taking the piss.:roll:

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Try looking it from my point of view if that's possible? I haven't offended any of you and don't want to, so why offend me? I didn't walk in here to announce that, I replied to a thread where I had already been slagged off just for customising my OWN car.

Don't get it :?
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

freddie89 wrote:

Perhaps you should read a few more dedicated Vintage Forums...look more at the dedication to the cause of recording, preserving and restoring these rare cars. You might then understand, the reaction towards your actions to a scarce and dwindling stock of early cars.

It not just about you OWNING an early car but respecting what you have too.

John.
GKL 7
12 years ago

I haven't offended any of you

freddie89 wrote:

No you don't get it, do you Freddie.
You offended ALL of us when you made the statement "i'm going to slam it"
Let me simplify it for you........

THIS IS A STOCK FORUM
freddie89
12 years ago
I'm fully aware this is a STOCK forum, Still doesn't mean its ok to slag me off surely? I didn't post saying "Look at my slammed split"

Steeringboxscrapers is a website for slammed splittys but I'm pretty sure I for sure wouldn't post on there slagging off stock splittys?

Why be so rude?
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Rude?....me......Rudolf Hucker...............never!
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Why be so rude?

freddie89 wrote:

This topic was going before you bought this Beetle. It was a discussion about a rare split window Beetle and the desirability of it for a stock restoration. Enquiries were made about the history of the car and the logistics needed to bring it back to a sympathetic stock condition. Then the fact that the car had been bought by someone who didn't have a reputation for a sympathetic respectful treatment of an early car.

What am I doing explaining this to you...if you don't understand...you won't understand after people here have explained it to you.

Let's just leave it as you like to think...we're simply being rude.:roll:
John.
freddie89
12 years ago

This topic was going before you bought this Beetle. It was a discussion about a rare split window Beetle and the desirability of it for a stock restoration. Enquiries were made about the history of the car and the logistics needed to bring it back to a sympathetic stock condition. Then the fact that the car had been bought by someone who didn't have a reputation for a sympathetic respectful treatment of an early car.

What am I doing explaining this to you...if you don't understand...you won't understand after people here have explained it to you.

Let's just leave it as you like to think...we're simply being rude.:roll:

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Yes I am aware this thread STARTED as a discussion about a rare split window beetle, but several comments I feel are unnecessary. Never mind, It's still being lowered, just hope you can accept that and not hate my guts just because I'm doing something you wouldn't.

Freddie
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Yes I am aware this thread STARTED as a discussion about a rare split window beetle, but several comments I feel are unnecessary. Never mind, It's still being lowered, just hope you can accept that and not hate my guts just because I'm doing something you wouldn't.

Freddie

freddie89 wrote:

Nobody hates your guts...we just don't like what your intentions are for that car...simple.
John.
GKL 7
12 years ago

Nobody hates your guts...

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Speak for yourself John

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Speak for yourself John

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GKL 7 wrote:

One thing we have here...a sense of proportion.:d
John.
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
I hope you will post some photos of the car undergoing its rebirth. I will still find it intresting to see how bad she is and the work and time spent putting her back on the road :thumbup: Still think you should try and keep her stock :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Good luck with the project Freddie

Andy W
topolino
12 years ago
my take on this is the car was available for anyone to buy,it could have been bought by anyone on here and restored, but freddie put his money up and bought it, even if he slams it by his track record he has always got them back on the road,that has got to be better than in parts in a garage,i dont know freddie but it means another car is saved meaning it is available in the future could even be bought by someone on here and put back to stock.