dry&heavy
14 years ago
i have to ask you (not a dig) how many mile's have you added to the clock now after buying it i hope a good few thousand
i just got my dec 52 MOT'ed again and clocked up another 10k in a yr :d
plus your zwitter look's very shiny, win you hand's down anyday on dull paint finish :lol: :lol:
Standard split
14 years ago

i have to ask you (not a dig) how many mile's have you added to the clock now after buying it i hope a good few thousand
i just got my dec 52 MOT'ed again and clocked up another 10k in a yr :d
plus your zwitter look's very shiny, win you hand's down anyday on dull paint finish :lol: :lol:

dry&heavy wrote:

I have only seen a small picture of the rear view of your 1952 Zwitter, which I think looks great – smashing non-shiny look. Rattletrap of course is shiny, and being a star, stars do shine :lol:

He has to stay shiny anyway because he's a recognisable VW icon. Needless to say I haven't been polishing Rattletrap in the hope that he dulls down a little with time. As for the mileage, all my cars together don't cover as much in a year as your Zwitter!

You set an example by using your Zwitter while mine sits in idleness – yes, Rattletrap my 1950 Zwitter should be used, and will be back on the road – he's got to be for the Lavenham meet :wink:

How about a few pics of your non-shiny Jewell 8)

Yep, comprehensive library (but need few copies of IVVM and early Safer VW Motoring if anyone's got any...hint, hint!) to complete.

Not much on the following page, just a couple more para's finishing off. Will send both high res to you if you want?

55Kab wrote:

High res would be great if you can send it over Martin :beer:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
dry&heavy
14 years ago
that's cool take it out & enjoy it you spent the cash & need's to be drivin clock those mile's up more!
well all together last yr i clocked up 15k through the '52 & '59
but using the 52 everyday has been fun apart from winter when the heater's stopped, snow, ice on the inside windscreen, no washer bottle fun, etc... but i made it to work everyday so can't be bad
hoping to use the '59 daily this year should have it back in a few day's
Standard split
14 years ago

that's cool take it out & enjoy it you spent the cash & need's to be drivin clock those mile's up more!
well all together last yr i clocked up 15k through the '52 & '59
but using the 52 everyday has been fun apart from winter when the heater's stopped, snow, ice on the inside windscreen, no washer bottle fun, etc... but i made it to work everyday so can't be bad
hoping to use the '59 daily this year should have it back in a few day's

dry&heavy wrote:

You must drive your old VWs everywhere :shock:

Where's the pic – love to see it :d

space provided here : :wink:
 Picture frame.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
55Kab
14 years ago

High res would be great if you can send it over Martin :beer:

Standard split wrote:

okeedokee, will send over tonight John.

dry&heavy
14 years ago
Mr Standard i will take a pic tomorrow but it's nothing special just an everyday split ride,
i would love to find some pic's of it when it was a rally car been looking but still no luck yet , can anyone help me out please can't of been many brown rally split bug's
all i have to drive are two old vw's, i have used the bag of nail's '52 everyday for last year with big help from owen & anna, my '59 is sat round there's at the moment :lol:
i just love the thought of doing a million mile's of driving
are you not tempted to keep clocking up the mile's (that's just the way i think, i would have to try for another million b4 i killed it)
Standard split
14 years ago

i just love the thought of doing a million mile's of driving
are you not tempted to keep clocking up the mile's (that's just the way i think, i would have to try for another million b4 i killed it)

dry&heavy wrote:

Looks like Rattletrap should have gone to you to clock up those more miles (kms) :d

Living in London I just don't do any driving – plenty of buses, every 5 mins and I cycle more miles than I drive in a year. Take the car out and just sit in traffic going nowhere 😞

Can't wait to see your Zwitter's pic :wink:

55Kab
14 years ago

Can't wait to see your Zwitter's pic :wink:

Standard split wrote:

Me too, it looks like a nice car... :wink:  884 XUR p1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
14 years ago
We definitely need more pics, including interior please:d
dry&heavy
14 years ago
55Kab was thinking where the hell did you take that photo
never goto any show's but remembered i popped down to sussex vw show last year (where that pic has to been from):lol: could of sold the car to three differnet people that day as well
will add a few pic's in a while to this post for you but as i said it's nothing special in anyway plus im still using the sprint's :oops: (do have oringal wheel's) but for everyday use these
GKL 7
14 years ago

will add a few pic's in a while to this post for you but as i said it's nothing special in anyway

dry&heavy wrote:

Don't under sell it ,it looks a nice car.
Standard split
14 years ago

Don't under sell it ,it looks a nice car.

'50 Karmann wrote:

You can sell it if you like… I'll buy it – it looks great :beer:

The trim around the split window, only found on a DeLuxe Zwitter makes for the best Beetle rear window of all – one of Rattletrap's endearing features 😎

Post those pics:d

dry&heavy
14 years ago
ok here's my bag of nail's feel very bad:oops: adding these pic's as all your car's just to nice:evil: but it's got me to work everyday for last yr
but still stock height, judson supercharger has been removed, have'nt washed it from day i brought it etc.. well in fact done nothing to it at all & still it goe's
this 52 was a quick fix (transport for work) while my '59 was in the garage dont't ask it's how my brain work's stupid i know
will put oringal wheel's back on one day
don't get me wrong if someone gave it a new coat of paint would be a nice looking clean car :lol: but im happy with it

once it was chestnut brown

UserPostedImage
sorry but i do like four tip's
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

on a good sunny day you can still number 43 from when it was a rally car (pic's anyone help)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ripped a little up so you can see, as all the seat's recovered yrs b4 i brought it but underneath oringal still & in good condition & after a clean would look nice
UserPostedImage
it did make it there once so had to leave it on
UserPostedImage

pic of 59 also
UserPostedImage
Standard split
14 years ago

have'nt washed it from day i brought it …

dry&heavy wrote:

Wonderful, I haven't washed my '49 in 25 years :beer:

… if someone gave it a new coat of paint would be a nice looking clean car…

dry&heavy wrote:

No new paint, it will just appear to be another restored Beetle:wink:

Nice '59 too :d

Hey Rattletrap's starting to feel left out with all the attention dry&heavy's gem is getting :!:

Been up half the night trying to bring life into Rattletrap and here's what I ended up with – meet Rattletrap 😛
UserPostedImage
Rattletrap
14 years ago
It's voting time in Rattletown…
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
14 years ago
Having you post under one identity is more than enough John.
You'll probably be argueing with yourself next.
Standard split
14 years ago
Where did you get your Zwitter from dry&heavy – I remember a very similar looking Zwitter belonging to a guy in Edmonton north London late 80s - early 90's:?

Standard split
14 years ago

Albert Klien from Pasadena owned this car. 1,442,044 Authenticated miles.Unlike Rattletrap.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Mmm… like you've been over to his house, seen the car, his detailed records and checked it out :roll:

This is some old guy who lives miles from nowhere, the nearest neighbour is 10 miles away along the road. His car is probably a bit like Walt Disney with their Herbie – they had about 6 of them all identical at hand incase one failed. It could be just a bit iffy :?

Not much in the way of images or info on this record car either, whereas Rattletrap was well publicised, plus I've seen all his records and have checked the car :wink:

GKL 7
14 years ago

whereas Rattlecrap was well publicised,

Standard split wrote:

Yes,all compiled by a person that was more than liberal with the truth,proven,several times in this thread alone.
GKL 7
14 years ago

Mmm… like you've been over to his house, seen the car, his detailed records and checked it out :roll:

This is some old guy who lives miles from nowhere, the nearest neighbour is 10 miles away along the road.

Standard split wrote:

And what relevence has any of this to the fact that this car has done twice as many miles as Rattlecrap.
So an old guy who lives 10 miles from his nearest neighbour is now branded a Liar outright,without question.
And this same old guy all those miles away, on his own, reading this forum is supposed to believe everything you say about Rattlecrap without question.
Practice what you preach John.