GKL 7
14 years ago
 rsz_18197dead_thread.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sunroof53
14 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

Dont worry I lost interest a while back .Its just no fun now that John finally confessed to owning Rtrap.Just posting for Standard Splits archive.Have you got a new car yet ?.
GKL 7
14 years ago
Standard split
14 years ago

Dont worry I lost interest a while back .Its just no fun now that John finally confessed to owning Rtrap.Just posting for Standard Splits archive.Have you got a new car yet ?.

Sunroof53 wrote:

Thanks Sunroof53:!: Keep adding anything else you find.

The thread is just like Rattletrap – it can't be killed off:lol:

And frankly, most other threads that have come and gone recently are just not that interesting, so Rattletrap the UK's most famous Volkswagen keeps on hogging the forum:beer:

:cry: no

'50 Karmann wrote:

George – find yourself your dream car as I have with Rattletrap, and show it on this forum. You'll be a lot more cheery with your postings and maybe steal Rattletrap's limelight :wink:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
48REME
14 years ago
Just carry on like this for one more month and this exhilarating thread will be a year old! Whooopeee!  Elanas_First_Birthday_Cake.66211322.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
mrsherbie
14 years ago
WOW :shock: I spend a few weeks away busy playing with our new puppy ( well being bitten mostly actually) and I miss out on all the big news! :d In fact rattletrap looks very similar to our new 50 though ours is not staying for long but I am enjoying driving around in it anyway :d Congratulations to both car and new Dad :beer:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Standard split
14 years ago

Just carry on like this for one more month and this exhilarating thread will be a year old! Whooopeee!

48REME wrote:

You could have least put a Beetle on top of the cake :twisted:

Anyway Nicholas, Rattletrap's shiny:!: But I'll live with that because stars always shine 😎 :

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Standard split
14 years ago

WOW :shock: I spend a few weeks away busy playing with our new puppy ( well being bitten mostly actually) and I miss out on all the big news! :d In fact rattletrap looks very similar to our new 50 though ours is not staying for long but I am enjoying driving around in it anyway :d Congratulations to both car and new Dad :beer:

mrsherbie wrote:

Thanks mrsherbie, 'Dad' is very proud and pleased with Rattletrap8) 😎 8)

I got bitten by Geezer my cat Sunday – he rugby tackled me and hung on to my leg as I continued to ignore him and walked along. Does it for attention, but gave me a nip nonetheless:lol:

Rattletrap's a '50 too. Where's the picture of your '50 and where's it going too:?

54 Gertie
14 years ago
So have you finally worked out how much of the car is still the original '50/'51/'52 split? :wink:

William
GKL 7
14 years ago

Rattletrap's a '50 too.

Standard split wrote:

[-x
Standard split
14 years ago

[-x

'50 Karmann wrote:

So says the body number :twisted:

So have you finally worked out how much of the car is still the original '50/'51/'52 split? :wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

I'm still working out just how much is the original, may take some time :?

Whatever though, all the history, legend, stories, news articles as well as my and other's enthusiasm for Rattletrap carry forward with the car that is Rattletrap the Volkswagen legend 😎

14 years ago
UserPostedImage
www.vwoval.co.uk
54 Gertie
14 years ago

UserPostedImage

JULIANROBINSON wrote:

Is the pre or post crash?
William
Sunroof53
14 years ago

Is the pre or post crash?

54 Gertie wrote:

Definitly pre crash as it sports its german reg.I would guess the photo was taken 86-87.

By the way ,i managed to take a look at your car last week at Slough .looked very nice ,but was'nt too sure about the gaurd dog :lol: .I found a 53 air cleaner that i had been a long time searching for ,did a few circiuts round the stalls and went home .I did spot Oval bug on here to but never got chance to speak .
54 Gertie
14 years ago

By the way ,i managed to take a look at your car last week at Slough .looked very nice ,but was'nt too sure about the gaurd dog :lol: .I found a 53 air cleaner that i had been a long time searching for ,did a few circiuts round the stalls and went home .I did spot Oval bug on here to but never got chance to speak .

Sunroof53 wrote:

It's my parents car, I took the username. :wink:

But thanks, it is getting there, still need a nice genuine front bumper and to get rid of that Britax however.

'53 air cleaner, nice, single strap? We spotted a '54/55 single strap but we were told it was £300, needless to say we didnt leave with it! :lol:
William
Sunroof53
14 years ago
£300 for that filter was crazy,But it did make me feel better about the one i bought.I have never seen one at a show and although it needed part of the strap i jumped in and bought it.I started this thread on the samba 18 months ago and it came back up again recently with a bizarre twist as the next week i finally find one.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285975 
54 Gertie
14 years ago

£300 for that filter was crazy,But it did make me feel better about the one i bought.I have never seen one at a show and although it needed part of the strap i jumped in and bought it.I started this thread on the samba 18 months ago and it came back up again recently with a bizarre twist as the next week i finally find one.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285975 

Sunroof53 wrote:

Wow! Good price.8) Who was selling that, I guess you got there pretty early? :wink:

William
Sunroof53
14 years ago
I bought it from the Boss .He was the man who had the split on the trailer outside.He had some nice parts along with the stall behind him.Probably the best stall of the show.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

I bought it from the Boss .He was the man who had the split on the trailer outside.He had some nice parts along with the stall behind him.Probably the best stall of the show.

Sunroof53 wrote:

Ah yes, his stall is always sickening. 😎
William
Ovalbug
14 years ago

I found a 53 air cleaner that i had been a long time searching for ,did a few circiuts round the stalls and went home .I did spot Oval bug on here to but never got chance to speak .

Sunroof53 wrote:

Congrats on the air cleaner Mike :d , have to confess I wouldn't know what the '53-only item looked like even if it had jumped up from the table at me :lol: .
Sorry if I didn't say hello, the only reason being that I didn't see you :lol: , think was too busy running around TRYING to spend some money.
Alas, I only bought a £10 brochure as a bit of a consolation, in the main though Slough 2009 me for didn't live up to previous years reputations as a gold-mine of cheap parts (though I know many people did get good deals!).
Can't complain though, Slough 2008 got me my '53-only speedo and Slough 2009 got you your air cleaner, so its defo a place to go to hit the jackpot occasionally....:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD