pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
12 years ago

shock horror, you feeling ok rob?! :omg:

you took a photo of a cal looker and uploaded it to this site :omg: :rofl:

Robb wrote:

That's no cal-looker, it still has all the chrome trim on, it has bumpers, window chrome...

More like an old-speed car (except for the engine)
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Any body got any info on this car ???????????? Also what size tiers is it running

Andy W  vfg.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GKL 7
12 years ago

Any body got any info on this car ????????????

AW wrote:

'46 Owned by Paul Blofeld(great guy).
Tyres will be 16's but x what,i don't know.
Ivan
12 years ago

shock horror, you feeling ok rob?! :omg:

you took a photo of a cal looker and uploaded it to this site :omg: :rofl:

UserPostedImage

awesome car though, always loved this :thumbup:

Robb wrote:

Who let that shed in?! 😳

That car is nothing more than a parts donor for your '67 Robb!

It clicked over to 34,000 miles last weekend.
Ivan
12 years ago

Hi Rob,

Indeed, I'm glad it went fairly close to home!!

The symptoms- it went 'bang' and there was a lot of metallic grinding noise from the bottom end- not good!

Cheers,
Rich.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Might be a snapped crank. My old '57 CKD NZ Oval did that on the way to Stanny hall one year. Not ideal as it meant I probably missed out on some bargains. Jim Murray stopped in his Merc estate, the AA took the car and dropped it at Terrys Beetle Services. Peter Englezos at Cog Box gave the original engine a rebuild - I got a NOS set of Barrells and Pistons from KK, new crank and one new cylinder head. The engine was ready and in in time to give it a good test drive... I drove it straight to Camberg with Steve Moran in his Karmann Beetle (now Charles Oldroyd's).
So, if you need an engine rebuild I would recommend Pete Englezos from experience.

Hope it's not too badly damaged mate.
Rich Oakley
12 years ago

Might be a snapped crank. My old '57 CKD NZ Oval did that on the way to Stanny hall one year. Not ideal as it meant I probably missed out on some bargains. Jim Murray stopped in his Merc estate, the AA took the car and dropped it at Terrys Beetle Services. Peter Englezos at Cog Box gave the original engine a rebuild - I got a NOS set of Barrells and Pistons from KK, new crank and one new cylinder head. The engine was ready and in in time to give it a good test drive... I drove it straight to Camberg with Steve Moran in his Karmann Beetle (now Charles Oldroyd's).
So, if you need an engine rebuild I would recommend Pete Englezos from experience.

Hope it's not too badly damaged mate.

Ivan wrote:

Cheers Ivan, I aleady spoke to Pete on Monday morning, I'm going to drop it off with him when I find the time to take the engine out. He loves his 25hp stuff. It's especially annoying as I rebuilt the engine about 18 months ago and it's been running like clockwork for the last 2000 miles.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Robb
12 years ago
gutted to hear this news Rich 😞

hope you get it back up and running soon, ran like a champ to camberg as well! :thumbup:
Robb
12 years ago

Who let that shed in?! 😳

That car is nothing more than a parts donor for your '67 Robb!

It clicked over to 34,000 miles last weekend.

Ivan wrote:

ah a parts donor for my 67 shed! :lol:

aiming to get it to volksworld show next year, after i missed this years 😎
Rich Oakley
12 years ago
I have to say, I absolutely love Ivan's '67. It's about time I built a nice cal-look car. Do you know the history of this car Ivan? I would guess it originally came from the Allan Green dealership in Penrhyndeudraeth, but I could be wrong.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
64rotbox
12 years ago
Allen Green... on an FF plate it's pretty likely.

https://g.co/maps/bexn2 
You can call me Al.
vwhelmot
12 years ago
Allan Greens dearlship is long gone. I work in Penrhyndeudraeth and was allowed access to the store room when it was closing.I was one of its last customers when i was odering parts for my then 1303 restoration in about 1999. Shame it closed really, it was award winning in its heyday, but he liked a drink if you know what i mean!
Lyndon.
Rich Oakley
12 years ago

Allen Green... on an FF plate it's pretty likely.

https://g.co/maps/bexn2 

64rotbox wrote:

Good work Ben.

Here's a pic of the dealership circa 1972..
UserPostedImage

This must have been one of the the remotest and most westerly outposts of the VW GB dealer network, realatively speaking. Even during the 60's the VW dealerships in west Wales were almost one-man-band garages selling VWs as a sideline.
Robb
12 years ago
thats great to know that info! cool pic too! :thumbup:

so whens the beige 67 going back on the road Ivan? 😎
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago
REME show video...

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
RockStock
12 years ago
10/10! you have a booking for Barndoor Campout 3, Aug 2013!
StockRocks
Sunroof53
12 years ago
Loved the video ,favourite bit was the girl trying to close the beetle door .Couldnt make it this year as my car is a bit of a mess at the moment 😞 .
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago

10/10! you have a booking for Barndoor Campout 3, Aug 2013!

RockStock wrote:

Does that mean I get in for free? :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
12 years ago

Loved the video ,favourite bit was the girl trying to close the beetle door .Couldnt make it this year as my car is a bit of a mess at the moment 😞 .

Sunroof53 wrote:

Cheers, I liked that bit to... :beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
12 years ago
nice video.

:thumbup:
www.vwoval.co.uk
brille52
12 years ago
The problem is, looking at your video(s),I don`t have to go to any show anymore : you capture the atmosphere in such a great way, that I still can drink my :beer: here at home, staring in my computer !
Lot of young ( and older :wink: )kids at the show - cool !!
.......and I checked a Lavenham flyer !!:thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: