freddie89
12 years ago

my take on this is the car was available for anyone to buy,it could have been bought by anyone on here and restored, but freddie put his money up and bought it, even if he slams it by his track record he has always got them back on the road,that has got to be better than in parts in a garage,i dont know freddie but it means another car is saved meaning it is available in the future could even be bought by someone on here and put back to stock.

topolino wrote:

Exactly thankyou.

I am thinking of starting a thread, probably not on here as I'm hated enough as it is, Like I have said, although I am lowering it, I have no intentions of ruining the car, When I slammed my oval it was pretty damn low and never ever scraped on the road. There is not one part of the original car I am altering. Not even using the OG crashbox or beam, but keeping it all safe.

I'm all being well repairing the original chassis (needs a lot of welding) and selling on the 52 un-welded pan and OG running gear if anyone is interested.

Freddie
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Exactly thankyou.

I am thinking of starting a thread, probably not on here as I'm hated enough as it is, Like I have said, although I am lowering it, I have no intentions of ruining the car, When I slammed my oval it was pretty damn low and never ever scraped on the road. There is not one part of the original car I am altering. Not even using the OG crashbox or beam, but keeping it all safe.

I'm all being well repairing the original chassis (needs a lot of welding) and selling on the 52 un-welded pan and OG running gear if anyone is interested.

Freddie

freddie89 wrote:

There you are...if you'd come on here and laid out your plans as you have just done instead of...Yes I'm going to Slam it...it would have saved you a lot of heartache. It's all about how to conduct yourself in different surroundings.:d
John.
freddie89
12 years ago

There you are...if you'd come on here and laid out your plans as you have just done instead of...Yes I'm going to Slam it...it would have saved you a lot of heartache. It's all about how to conduct yourself in different surroundings.:d

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

And If people hadn't presumed I was ruining the car by lowering it... Saving it if anything :D

:rofl:
rudolf hucker
12 years ago
Yes, all very good......BUT......could you explain why lowering the car appeals so much?
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago

Yes, all very good......BUT......could you explain why lowering the car appeals so much?

rudolf hucker wrote:

It's "The Elephant in the Room"...normally the invisible one that appears to be sitting on the car.:smile:
John.
freddie89
12 years ago

rudolf hucker wrote:

:lol:

No idea to be honest, I admit openly that my oval drove better stock than it did when slammed and narrow. I just much prefer the look of a low car.

Funny because when I first got into VW's I didn't even know what lowering a car ment!!! :rofl:
pre67vw
12 years ago

Try looking it from my point of view if that's possible? I haven't offended any of you and don't want to, so why offend me? I didn't walk in here to announce that, I replied to a thread where I had already been slagged off just for customising my OWN car.

Don't get it :?

freddie89 wrote:

it's your car, you can do what you like to it.

From my point of view, you're welcome here anytime, as is anyone else into old VW's. The regulars do tend to do a fair bit of p*** taking as I'm sure you've noticed, I wouldn't take it personally. This is a stock forum, so you probably won't get many positive replies from anything to do with slamming - but anything to do with correctness and you should get all the help you need.

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
12 years ago

rudolf hucker wrote:

I think because slight lowering lowers the centre of gravity which potentially helps cornering, but then as a fashion thing it's been taken to the extreme with each person trying to out-do the next.

But on the plus side, it does seem to be a bit old-hat now, so many cars slammed that they no longer stand out any more. There seems to be a big increase in the number of vintage speed cars, which imho suits early cars much better anyway... :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
freddie89
12 years ago

I think because slight lowering lowers the centre of gravity which potentially helps cornering, but then as a fashion thing it's been taken to the extreme with each person trying to out-do the next.

But on the plus side, it does seem to be a bit old-hat now, so many cars slammed that they no longer stand out any more. There seems to be a big increase in the number of vintage speed cars, which imho suits early cars much better anyway... :thumbup:

pre67vw wrote:

Thanks for the welcome :)

I think your right, what started off as lowering for handling reasons just went too far. Guess you either love it or you hate it.
12 years ago
Dont worry freddie.. I'm probably in trouble too.. i took my lowered '53 to REME show.. although I have started RAISING my old VWs up recently... I'm probably getting old... :d
www.vwoval.co.uk
Si Med
12 years ago
Mr Oakley saw the light :twisted:

UserPostedImage
54 UK rhd
GKL 7
12 years ago
That's no recommendation.
Always had my doubts about that Oakley.:roll:
freddie89
12 years ago
Nice one Si :lol:
69project
12 years ago
these people that slam early beetles....as if i ever would 😛

Car less.....
GKL 7
12 years ago

these people that slam early beetles....as if i ever would 😛

69project wrote:

That's ok Si.
You sell them a few weeks later to persons that revert them back to stock.So all is good in the end.
69project
12 years ago

That's ok Si.
You sell them a few weeks later to persons that revert them back to stock.So all is good in the end.

GKL 7 wrote:

i like happy endings....:smile:
Car less.....
69project
12 years ago

Freddie

so how much is the pan then....?
Car less.....
RoRoVw
12 years ago

i like happy endings....:smile:

69project wrote:

And we might just see that 'happy ending' sometime in 2012! :smile:
mrsherbie
12 years ago
I vaguely remember this split, but unlike TYY which was actually offensive, some splits are ok to be messed with... and this is one of them.. so I would'nt worry too much.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
beefykeefy
12 years ago

Exactly thankyou.

Freddie

freddie89 wrote:

No-one hates you Diddums, I mean Freddie, just a difference of opinion....

Need a cuddle? 😛