UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
VW Stan
14 years ago
According to the dvla, BCD 822B is still registered but last taxed in '86 so might be hidden away sonewhere.

The other two don't show up.

:?

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
55Kab
14 years ago
Well XXL 34 survived up until 1989 as I shot it at VW Action. However, it's not listed on the DLVA website so it doesn't look good.

The tax on BCD 822B expired on 1/2/86 so doesn't look got for that one also. No SORN declared.

OEL 134 has been seen about and was taxed until 1/9/2008 so I'm sure that one is still with us.

VW Stan
14 years ago

OEL 134 has been seen about and was taxed until 1/9/2008 so I'm sure that one is still with us.

55Kab wrote:

I miss-read the plate, looked up DEL! :oops:

Rich Oakley
14 years ago

I miss-read the plate, looked up DEL! :oops:

VW Stan wrote:

OEL is definitely still around, I saw it not too long ago.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Sunroof53
14 years ago
Thats good news .OEL looked to be a very nice car.Shame no one has a recent photo.I have some more old scans somewhere of other cars.Not sure what to do with them though .Maybe we need a lost and found sticky?

These pics are apalling but i have a feeling LUS belongs to Chris clarke of peppercorn.Interesting car for me as it is a 53 sunroof.i would be interested in the chassis # of this car to see if it is earlier than my own.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
969AYU (Ghia) got written off years ago. Didn't it belong to the editor of Safer Motoring?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
720ADM and GJF777D were no longer registered with the DVLC in 1983, so most likely scrapped. I think Chris Clarke still owns LUS805
Sunroof53
14 years ago

969AYU (Ghia) got written off years ago. Didn't it belong to the editor of Safer Motoring?

Rich Oakley wrote:

AYU was in safer on many occaisions from when it was owned by one of the VW Directors .I remember the feature when he swapped it for the new Razor edge ghia.It seemed to appear for other accessory related features , which would make sense if it was the editors.Sad that such a featured car was written off.

Does Chris clarke use this forum?

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
55Kab
14 years ago
BTW Mike I had already started a thread on this subject:

https://forums.pre67vw.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=16967 

Do you want to add your data to that one?

Still working on the British Historic VW's website. This type of stuff will be covered on there too. :wink:

Sunroof53
14 years ago

BTW Mike I had already started a thread on this subject:

https://forums.pre67vw.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=16967 

Do you want to add your data to that one?

Still working on the British Historic VW's website. This type of stuff will be covered on there too. :wink:

55Kab wrote:

Hi Martin,
Yes i can move move it if i knew how .Maybe Rob can help or even make a sticky so it stays at the top.A sort of Graveyard thread or Lost and found?

How is the register going?
55Kab
14 years ago

Hi Martin,
Yes i can move move it if i knew how .Maybe Rob can help or even make a sticky so it stays at the top.A sort of Graveyard thread or Lost and found?

How is the register going?

Sunroof53 wrote:

Good idea. Come on Rob, I think a sticky for photos would be a good idea?

Register is progressing but not as fast as I'd have liked. Hope to make some real progress on it over the next couple of months, watch this space!

I was looking though some old slides at the weekend and found this, recognise it....??? :lol: :lol:

UserPostedImage

pre67vw
14 years ago

Good idea. Come on Rob, I think a sticky for photos would be a good idea?

55Kab wrote:

Made sticky!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Mike Peckham
14 years ago

Well XXL 34 survived up until 1989 as I shot it at VW Action. However, it's not listed on the DLVA website so it doesn't look good.

55Kab wrote:

If XXL does survive it might well have a different number plate, I remember this car and it had what you might call a "conflict of identity". It's original number was RLO something, XXL was "borrowed" from another oval which was scrapped in about 1982... :wink:

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
Sunroof53
14 years ago

I was looking though some old slides at the weekend and found this, recognise it....??? :lol: :lol:

UserPostedImage

55Kab wrote:

:lol: :lol:Mmm looks familiar ,just cant place it though :wink:

Thanks Martin thats a nice photo :d .
Sunroof53
14 years ago
A split from a 1962 feature.

UserPostedImage
VW Stan
14 years ago
Still registered but last taxed in 1996...

beetles.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

kdf38
14 years ago
It's got 'Poor-Man's Alloy Wheels.... home-made? I guess.

Still registered but last taxed in 1996...

VW Stan wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
Sunroof53
14 years ago

It's got 'Poor-Man's Alloy Wheels.... home-made? I guess.

kdf38 wrote:

I have seen a few porsche style hub caps but those are definitley unique!

Here is another UK oval .Probanly long gone .Wouldnt it be great if DVLA supplied the address of the vrhicle and not just tax details(I relise it would never happen for obvious reasons).There must be hundreds of cars waiting to be found somwhere.

UserPostedImage
55Kab
14 years ago

Here is another UK oval .Probanly long gone .Wouldnt it be great if DVLA supplied the address of the vrhicle and not just tax details(I relise it would never happen for obvious reasons).There must be hundreds of cars waiting to be found somwhere

Sunroof53 wrote:

Nice one.

Things that dreams are made of Mike. We need a contact on the "inside" at the DVLA (step forward Robin Allen?). But I hear even the Police have to ensure they have supporting data when asking about a car's details.....