Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
I have just cleared out the garage of a friend who has moved away. He basically told me that I could take anything I wanted if I took anything I didn't want to the tip.
He used to own VWs and so there were a few bits in there. The main thing of interest were some really good Camac Cross Ply tyres. I know these are now pretty hard work to get hold of and not that cheap. There was a pair of them and they clearly have not had much use. They have loads of tread - I put a five pence piece in the middle and the tread covered the number 5. The sidewalls have no cracks. They're like new from what I could see.
They came off a '67 - he fitted alloys on it. The best thing is that there was also an original Fulda cross ply that was on the spare wheel and I don't think it'd ever been used.

I could put them up for sale - but to be honest I'd rather make someone who owns a stocker happy - why not spread the love and start the decade off with a smile. So, if you own a Beetle on cross plies and you are looking for a pair of tyres or have been searching for an original Fulda - all you'd need to do is collect them and they're yours.

I am based in Godalming, Surrey and my phone number is 07739 636740.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
55Kab
14 years ago
Nice gesture Sir but blimey Ivan, you're keen posting your number on the web for all to see! :lol:

Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago

Nice gesture Sir but blimey Ivan, you're keen posting your number on the web for all to see! :lol:

55Kab wrote:

It's no biggy.I'm not concerned - but thanks for your concern.
Ivan
  • Ivan
  • Regular Topic Starter
14 years ago
The tyres seem to have found to new home with a chap called Nick thanks to the Pre 67 VW forum. Congratulations to Nick.
55Kab
14 years ago

It's no biggy.I'm not concerned - but thanks for your concern.

Ivan wrote:

Just can't be too careful these days. :wink: