GKL 7
2009-03-19T19:07:22Z
This site can spot a Rogue Trader from a mile off:wink:
aerosilver
2009-03-19T20:18:25Z
Rich Oakley wrote:

Russ (I'm assuming that's you!),

How's the '55 coming along? Are we likely to get to see it this year?

Rich.

Detective Rich:wink:

All good with the 55,may be at V.world, def. Stanford hall :d
Russ.
velvet green
2010-04-26T10:15:13Z
Hi,

I have a factory rhd december 61 ghia vert...
aerosilver mentions one in england, mine is located in australia...anyone got production figures for factory rhd ghia verts?
lifeintheslowlane
2010-04-26T10:33:44Z
velvet green wrote:

Hi,

I have a factory rhd december 61 ghia vert...
aerosilver mentions one in england, mine is located in australia...anyone got production figures for factory rhd ghia verts?

I've seen this question asked a number of times on The Samba and nobody has come up with an answer. It seems the published figures never differentiated between LHD and RHD.:?
John.
Hubcap
2010-05-08T22:13:18Z
Sorry to jump in, my ghia was factory RHD Built 9th May 60, but they forgot to make it a vert and left the roof on!

Still I guess it's quite an early RHD, so vaguely relevant to the thread. It also has some interesting cross over parts and a Lowlight wiring loom.

there are a couple of pics in the other thread.

Does anyone know the earliest RHD in the UK yet?

Simon

UserPostedImage

couldn't resist sharing it again!
Rich Oakley
2010-05-09T09:15:28Z
Hubcap wrote:

Sorry to jump in, my ghia was factory RHD Built 9th May 60, but they forgot to make it a vert and left the roof on!

Still I guess it's quite an early RHD, so vaguely relevant to the thread. It also has some interesting cross over parts and a Lowlight wiring loom.

there are a couple of pics in the other thread.

Does anyone know the earliest RHD in the UK yet?

Simon

UserPostedImage

couldn't resist sharing it again!

A friend of mine in Brighton used to own a '59 built RHD '60 model.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Hubcap
2010-05-11T14:53:57Z
Just noticed that i posted on the 9th of may 2010, actually the cars 50 birthday!

I didn't worry about a card or any cake this year, the new voltage regulator, a good lube and service should suffice!

Does the car in Brighton still exist? There was a fairly early one on ebay not so long ago.