Lost64
  • Lost64
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
Hi,

To add to the "Where are they now" lists, I'm looking for details and / or whereabouts of a 1953 Oval I owned years ago. I sold it to a couple in Swansea around 1997. The registration was KSG 780, which I believe was sold on. The car was black, stripped down to just a rolling shell, with no engine fitted. The interior was tan leatheretee, and the car was RHD. Any leads gratefully received.

Thanks,

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
13 years ago
That number plate has been sold and is now on a '02 plate Mercedes, C-class.

William
Lost64
  • Lost64
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
Thanks for the update as to where the registration number for KSG 780 went to. That's a real shame as "KSG" was a very well known Oval. It was listed both in Safer Motoring's 'Ancient Beetle' register, as well as a list of early Beetles compiled by Richard Cotton. I bought the car as a stripped down ready to restore project. I was able to buy a great many of the original parts from a previous owner who had stored them away when he'd sold the car on. I'd also managed to collect a 25hp engine, (the original engine was believed to have gone to power a small aircraft somewhere in the north of Scotland), but I never got round to actually doing anything about rebuilding the car itself. Eventually I was forced to sell it as I lost the storage facility it was in.
Come to think of it, the folks who bought it took it away on a trailer towed by a Mercedes 'C' Class estate, perhaps this is the one you've mentioned?
Does anyone know what became of the Oval though? It was far too good to be scrapped.