Bjoern
  • Bjoern
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
Yesterday, a customer came into our shop. He just bought this Kitcar based on a 1967 beetle in Sweden. He asked me, what it is because there are no informations in his documents. The GFK-body looks professional, the front looks a littlebit like a Zelensis, the rear end like a Austin Healey. Does anybody know what the owner bought?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
13 years ago
Hi bjoern,
It looks simular but then again not...
The front wings are on a Zelensis more pronounced towards the windshield. The car you have seen does hava flatter wings. The shell where the front lights are in are smaller then on the Zelensis, as does the lights self.
The nose is different but that was on my car as found also...they have put a APAL coupé nose on it.
The side view is also simular but the back is bulckier. It is more heavy and flatter compaired to the zelensis.

There is a story that Raul thibaut told me that in the early 60s a customer took a naked body towards sweden...to be built on e Volvo chassis. It was called a volvo Carina.
I only have an old pict of it. There is also a simular car made in sweden.

https://users.skynet.be/zelensis/zelensis/wagens-en.htm 
Here you can see some picts. The front with the headlightbuckets looks like a DEVIN.

If you have other picts from engine bay, trunk, inside , dash lay out under back seat area I could maybe see other things.

It is possible that it is a reworked body of : zelensis or the swedish unknown variant, or a devin.
I have no clue.
Does he have the contact of the seller? Maybe he can give some info on where he got it from, and then the former owner...end so on.

Ps I like the picts....with the heb in the background.:lol:
Best regards, Peter.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective