zelensis61
13 years ago
Due to the support here I could work on a bit..not much but enough for this year.
The rear seat is getting in shape, the parts fit and I started on the front reinforcements...Not finished yet but getting in the near.
not much of typing as my arm hurts a bit of hammering.:lol:
Greetings.  IMG_2793.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_2977.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_2975.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_2976.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_2979.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
GKL 7
13 years ago
Hi Peter
Good work,keep going:wink:
What are you using for a donor car?That is, for the base of your build.
zelensis61
13 years ago

Hi Peter
Good work,keep going:wink:
What are you using for a donor car?That is, for the base of your build.

'50 Karmann wrote:

I was thinking on a type 181...this is of the factory without a roof...:lol: But that was to easy...
Next on the list was a mexico beetle. But that included to much work in replacing rot metal :roll:
No kidding, I have since years ( I think it since 1984, I am that old yes ) an oval from 54 that was abused by kids...that means lots of dents in the roof, and believe me, those are dents like made from an elephant. Where did I read that before?
So that is my basis . Ribed doors oval, but the dash will be replaced by a regular dash for such a project. In my barn I have a type 2 dash in spare so....that one will not be used[-x . I will make a split dash I guess.
Now I need to go back to my drawing table to work some things out. It freezes here and inside it is much better. To damn cold for beating metal sheets.
It is odd that I am now drawing the parts for the roof and I am still making parts for the body.
Greets.  IMG_1083.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1084.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1085.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1086.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1087.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
heb410
13 years ago
Hello Peter, to built a fake heb you have to kill a split!
and you will not stand in the line for the next world record attempt(when ever)

But then again lots of people are mad about the cars even the fake ones.
See the add on thesamba for the blue one!

I prefer restoring an original car.

Rudy
heb623
13 years ago

I prefer restoring an original car.

heb410 wrote:

I think he (Peter) prefered that too!:wink:
Why didn't you sold one of yours to him? You have or had two of them!:shock:
I see he didn't like the color![-x (read to expensive)

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
zelensis61
13 years ago
Thanks for the help ET .
But indeed, the color was not my favorite of 410 when it was offered :lol: .

I have looked for a real cheap one( did'nt we all dit this ) and none came up for sale in the right color combo:roll: ...

Several years ago I missed the only cheap one within a day...The buyer payed a fair price for a wrecked, clipped heb on a 67 karmann body ....after finding out the paperwork of the original hebmuller was included.

It was less than 10000 euro :shock:

I know I will be excluded from meetings when it comes to original hebmullers. But I do not care. I want the looks and the knowledge that I made it on my own.

And like Pascal wrote....when driving it...no difference in the feeling, sound and smell. :beer:
heb623
13 years ago
Ooops what a mistake to make!

zelensis61
13 years ago
Yess it was a mistake but not mine...

The man who knew about the car'sale let me know by mail without pict. I request picts and the next day they are in the mailbox. Open them, grab the phone and call to hear the car was sold the day before at a point even I did not knew about the car'sale.
I guess it was ment to be like that.

All other cars I have seen were to ugly..:lol:
 06041605.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
heb623
13 years ago

And like Pascal wrote....when driving it...no difference in the feeling, sound and smell. :beer:

zelensis61 wrote:

I am not agreed with Pascals saying![-x
A "Hebmuller" or a lady aged 25:d and a "I would like to be a Hebmuller" or a lady aged 95!:cry:
Both are women, just like the Hebmuller and fake Hebmuller are Volkswagens,
but I think there is a big difference in feeling, sound and smell!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what you like but I would know who I like to have a ride with!!!:oops:

GKL 7
13 years ago

A "Hebmuller" or a lady aged 25:d and a "I would like to be a Hebmuller" or a lady aged 95!:cry:
but I think there is a big difference in feeling, sound and smell!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what you like but I would know who I like to have a ride with!!!:oops:

heb623 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

E.T You are Crazeee.
oval56
13 years ago

heb623 wrote:

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :beer: .. one question is lost... they do taste also different... the 25 year old lady or a real hebmüller or was it the other way around?
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
heb623
13 years ago

:lol: :lol:

E.T You are Crazeee.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Thank you George!
That word coming out of your mouth sounds to me as a compliment!!!:wink:

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :beer: .. one question is lost... they do taste also different... the 25 year old lady or a real hebmüller or was it the other way around?

oval56 wrote:

I am setteled! I don't need a Hebmuller nomore[-x , I have one!:p
And a lovely wife aswell!:wink:

heb410
13 years ago
hello ET and Peter,

i think that Peter is doing a great job!!! i cannot do that.
i cannot help that the cars are expensive.
Try to buy some parts!people rip you of!!

restoring 2 cars is not easy, but who knows how it is next year

have a good x-mas ans happy new year:p

I think he (Peter) prefered that too!:wink:
Why didn't you sold one of yours to him? You have or had two of them!:shock:
I see he didn't like the color![-x (read to expensive)

heb623 wrote:

zelensis61
13 years ago
Hi, While it was to cold to work with sheetmetal and other irons, I started with some parts for the roof. You see the drawings above. well, With those I started on the lathe that is in a heated :lol: part in the barn. I used a round bar to make some special bolts and some excentric part that is needed to adjust the roof.
Greetings.  IMG_1154.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1155.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1164.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1165.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1167.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
heb410
13 years ago
hello

whats the colour of money??
Just found out how expensive a new roof can be!!!!:x

hello ET and Peter,

i think that Peter is doing a great job!!! i cannot do that.
i cannot help that the cars are expensive.
Try to buy some parts!people rip you of!!

restoring 2 cars is not easy, but who knows how it is next year

have a good x-mas ans happy new year:p

heb410 wrote:

zelensis61
13 years ago
Hi Ruud, You mean the metal frame or the softtop in 3 layers?

The shop in Germany is pricy but....craftmanship has to be payed.
Not knowing where you asked or ordered.
Greetings.

zelensis61
13 years ago
Ehh Is was a like ages now that I worked on my project. Due to some work in house to overhaul a room for one of my daughters :thumbup: I started again.

I did not do much but have a lot of thinking and planning.
At this moment, All the parts are drawed in paper, I have most of the paterns and have scored some parts. I also got acces to a real one for some dimensions for the roof and other stuff.
After the panels are made in pre assemble modus, I will attack the roof. I have no time scedual but hope to finish it in the next 5 years....:cry:
 IMG_0077.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0214.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0215.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0216.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  engine bay hinge.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  engine cover hinge.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
heb623
13 years ago

hello

whats the colour of money??
Just found out how expensive a new roof can be!!!!:x

heb410 wrote:

Yeah I know
that the Dutch
are like the Scottish:

a little bit stingy!!!:rofl:

Peter are you sure you are not a reincarnation of an old panel beater out of Bangladesh?:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Nice work!!!

:twisted: ET:p
GKL 7
13 years ago
You're talking Scottish here E.T.
Not just a "little bit"
You know like Dave,more like a BIG bit.:wink:
heb623
13 years ago

You're talking Scottish here E.T.
Not just a "little bit"
You know like Dave,more like a BIG bit.:wink:

'50 Karmann wrote:

Can't complain[-x about Dave,are you sure he is real Scottish?:?