JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
17 years ago
I saw this beast parked outside a paintshop outside of Frankfurt. Had a chat with the shop owner and he told me a bit about it. Seems its a one off, built possibly in the early seventies. The body is a bit of a mish mash stylistically, but was nicely built. The roof is apparently early 911, the rear end Glas and parts of the front wings are from a BMW. The rest is fabricated onto a (i was told) slightly lengthened floorpan. He said they had a bit of a time of it, trying to get the body straightened out for paint, but it looked ok. The owner has the rest of the parts to complete it.

Anyway, here are some pics...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
17 years ago
would be nice to see some pics of the complete car when it's all back together.

😎
Bjoern
17 years ago
...he posted pictures of the car when he found it. I have no idea what is his name - but you can find him there and I think he can give you an answer.

I think, it was one of the car, which were made at the coachbuilder school in Kaiserslautern.
SplitPersonality
13 years ago
Old thread, new year....

Speaking of the "Kaiserslautern one-offs"... does anybody have a picture of the "forward-looking" Coupe that went from the US to Austria some years ago...it was painted up in sort of a Bonneville-look when it went accross the Atlantic.

I am looking for the present owner of this car...anybody?