zelensis61
13 years ago
Hello, there, sorry for the waiting on an update but due to an accident at work 😶 I have injuried my knie :omg: and I am at the moment slightly immobilised.
The work has stoped but not the thinking and drawing:thumbup: .
My best regards. Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
heb623
13 years ago

I have injuried my knie :omg:

zelensis61 wrote:

Peter, thank God you only hurt you knie and not bumped with your head into something!:shock:
Otherwise it could have had happened that the stil remaining braincell's in your head were damaged byond repair so you couldn't think no more how to hold a pencil!!!:rofl:

:twisted: ET :lol: :lol: :lol:
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
brille52
12 years ago
Hej Peter !

How`s your knee?
I`ve seen 3 Hebmüllers for sale the last weeks :shock: - now how about yours?? Any updates? Could you work on it again ? Can we all see it at Bad Camberg ? :wink: Must look great standing near VW Nr 006 !!8)

See us in June !!

a8)
zelensis61
12 years ago

Hej Peter !

How`s your knee?
I`ve seen 3 Hebmüllers for sale the last weeks :shock: - now how about yours?? Any updates? Could you work on it again ? Can we all see it at Bad Camberg ? :wink: Must look great standing near VW Nr 006 !!8)

See us in June !!

a8)

brille52 wrote:

Well, My knee is not that good:bored: ....I need to see another docter. On the calender I forsee some spare time....After a chirurg has cut it open to restore my knee :? . But that will be after BC :d
The last months, nothing happend in the barn. I hope everything is still there:omg:
Greetings Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
zelensis61
12 years ago
Hello, While my knee is healing, I had some time to adjust some parts like the windowframe in front, the semapockets in the front and some othe work. I made some progress but on a slow way...surely but slow or is it slowly for sure?

A small bummer is that after one daughter is happy with her room...the oldest one wants also a overhauling:wink: . Breaking out the sealing, replace it with plasterboards, making her a balkony above her bed....new floors, insulation of the roof, new electro, ....Oh boy. There goes my dream for some months in the fridge as I can not refuse her 😳 :thumbup:
Greetings. Peter  IMG_0001 rear.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0002 rear.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0003 side.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0004 side.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0005 side.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
heb623
12 years ago
Nice job Peter!!:thumbup:
But there is something there of my Heb too you know? 😛

:twisted: ET
zelensis61
12 years ago
I know, ET. The reversed mirror immage :wink: of the engine cover. Did you find that mirror immage part yet? What about the remains of those doors you had?
For now it is a GFK engine cover that I bought from late Guido( RIP) Etzhold. I will keep this on the car. The goal is to make a metal copy after I finished all the other parts.
zelensis61
12 years ago
:d I am back in buisiness. I took me a long time to deal with some work on the house and garden. Some things have priority.
The three lady's at home are happy with the small pool, a new floor in the garage, the new wooden fence , the solar panels and the new rooms. pfff:drool:

But after all that, I started again on my project. I was happy to get hold on some original parts from a heb in loan. I got the chance to use a roofframe as a template to make my own frame.
So here are some progress picts.
Like I said....built from scratch.:omg:
I started with a paper template, copied it to cardboard and then copied it to a metal plate that since long time was painted for another purpose.
The complicated roof frame is built with rather simple paterns. The bolts are home made, the main pivot part is a 100% copy of the black original. It need some minor tuning and grinding but I am happy with it. This part is 3 mm steel. The sheetmetal is 2 mm thick.

More to come soon.  IMG_1082.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1132.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1133.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1140.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1115.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1168.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
heb623
12 years ago
:thumbup:

:twisted: ET
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
If you put in Magyar Hebmuller 1. On You tube he has two vidios of building one from scratch :shock: Not to standard speck but intresting non the less. You may have all ready seen it Still carnt cut and paste links :thumbdn: Hope some one puts a link in so you can see the car being built.

Andy W
GKL 7
12 years ago

There's also part 2&3
zelensis61
12 years ago
Thanks for the info but...:smile:
There is not much left over on the net that I did not see! Or it was posted while I was typing this:d

I had made litle progress this year. I need to get going again. The short part of the folding beam is the hardest one. It is a curved U shape in 2 mm thick steel. I made a template in wood with the same curve and width of the U shape. The wooden part was cut on the curve and reinforced with stripes of metal. between the 2 parts i could press the raw cut form and then hammerd the sides to create the curved U shape. After that, I trimmed down the excess material. The form is shown here before grinding some welds *Greetings.  IMG_1112.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1151.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1153.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1117.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
chubz-v-dubz
11 years ago

Thanks for the info but...:smile:
There is not much left over on the net that I did not see! Or it was posted while I was typing this:d

I had made litle progress this year. I need to get going again. The short part of the folding beam is the hardest one. It is a curved U shape in 2 mm thick steel. I made a template in wood with the same curve and width of the U shape. The wooden part was cut on the curve and reinforced with stripes of metal. between the 2 parts i could press the raw cut form and then hammerd the sides to create the curved U shape. After that, I trimmed down the excess material. The form is shown here before grinding some welds *Greetings.

zelensis61 wrote:

I could have bought the entire top frame irons from a guy here in the US 15 years ago for $500.. I am still kicking myself for not doing so. :cry: I see I have a lot of work to do for my replica Heb also.. NICE WORK! :thumbup:
zelensis61
11 years ago
It seems that It takes ages to do something on the car. This due to home improvements for the kids, the kitchen and livingroom. Those are done now so it is time to move one. Try fitting an original Hebmuller top that I could score. :beer: Thanks RdR.  IMG_1683s.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_1684s.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Hey that´s really coming on well. :thumbup:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
brille52
11 years ago
:thumbup: :thumbup: WoW :thumbup: :thumbup:

a:beer:
zelensis61
11 years ago
thanks . It just need some paint to finish it...?:drool:
Year right, maybe in a few years. The time that is spend on this project is endless.
But everytime I do something...I did it.:d  IMG_1496a.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  IMG_0490.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ascort
11 years ago

It seems that It takes ages to do something on the car. This due to home improvements for the kids, the kitchen and livingroom. Those are done now so it is time to move one.

zelensis61 wrote:

I personally think that Rob needs a new category. He has "What have you done on your car today". I think he should also have "What didn't you do on your car today due to domestic pressures" I would have no trouble posting to that on a regular basis!

Your project is looking good! Please keep posting details.
Mark - Owner of 2 under restoration Australian coachbuilt Ascorts.
oldbugger
11 years ago
zelensis61
11 years ago
Holy Moly...that came out nice. You make me envy...damnn I should go back in the barn and work on my project. Seen the picts on another forum. Real nice looking. Top job. Is it blue or black, as it is hard to see. Maybe it is my eyes...:beer: