Sunroof53
13 years ago
Seems to be a lot of searching for old car posts and this car i know a bit about .It was cal looked in the 90s and sold again to someone in the Market deeping area .The car was technically written off with front and rear damage but it did get repaired as i have seen a photo of it somewhere on another site.

UserPostedImage
13 years ago

Nice one.

Things that dreams are made of Mike. We need a contact on the "inside" at the DVLA (step forward Robin Allen?). But I hear even the Police have to ensure they have supporting data when asking about a car's details.....

55Kab wrote:

Not sure about how hard it is for the police to get owners' addresses - but private car park operators seem to manage quite easily 😞
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago
Peter Nielsen in Denmark was looking primarily for info on the sunvisor on this Oval SNJ 888. It's pictured here in one of the early '90s Vintage editions of Volksworld. Is the car still on the show scene with the sunvisor, it's a rare visor as it fits the profile of the windscreen trim.  peter-visor-oval.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
John.
zelensis61
12 years ago
This one was listed in a French magazine in 1989 and seen in swiss.
Anyone knows where it is now?
Thanks.  SVW 8 1989s.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
VGY77
12 years ago

I asked him that when I saw him earlier in the year. He thought it got scrapped...:(

55Kab wrote:

Hi guys,

I came across this forum having Googled VGY 77. My father bought VGY 77 in about 1962 when I was about 5 years old with something like 50K miles on the clock (the beetle, not me). I can still remember driving home through Winchester in the car the day we bought it. (We had traded in our previous car, a Triumph Mayflower, reg no. RXY 943). We took the car to 150K with very few problems and then traded it in at Mr Richards' garage in Chesil Street, Winchester, for a new Renault 10, Reg HCR 788D, so that would have been in 1966.

I have posted a photo of me in VGY 77 taken in about 1962.

All the best!UserPostedImage
jlevis
12 years ago
where did you collect all these stuff?
jlevis
12 years ago
that car was awesome where did you collect all those stuff?
william boot
11 years ago
[quote=Rich Oakley]Late 1990's- Turkis Blue RHD '61 in High Wycombe. Reg number UKE99B
UserPostedImage

Sold this to a guy called Stuart (?) Pearson in Folkestone, 1988
Fernando Pal
10 years ago
UserPostedImage
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971
Fernando Pal
10 years ago
UserPostedImage
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971
Fernando Pal
10 years ago
UserPostedImage
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971
Fernando Pal
10 years ago
UserPostedImage
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971
Fernando Pal
10 years ago
I like very much
UserPostedImage
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971
Fernando Pal
10 years ago
UserPostedImage
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971
Si Med
10 years ago
My friends father. Does anyone know more about this? Reg UKJ 949

UserPostedImage
54 UK rhd
Rich Oakley
10 years ago

My friends father. Does anyone know more about this? Reg UKJ 949

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: Si Med 

Great pic Si. Do you know any more about it? It's a Kent registered bus, registered after May '55, by which point, Barndoors had gone out of production. Would be great to see more pics/info.

Cheers,
Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Si Med
10 years ago

Great pic Si. Do you know any more about it? It's a Kent registered bus, registered after May '55, by which point, Barndoors had gone out of production. Would be great to see more pics/info.

Cheers,
Rich.

Originally Posted by: Rich Oakley 

Sadly we have nothing more Rich, his father past away a few years ago and only recently Pete found this picture in an old family album.

54 UK rhd
Fernando Pal
9 years ago
UserPostedImage
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971
Fernando Pal
7 years ago
These year  Janeiro 2017.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971