AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Any one seen one of these.  small kit.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
12 years ago
yes, It is a sort of copy of the zelensis. The story goes that in the 60s Raoul Thiebaut, the creator of the zelensis sold a body of to sweden. No one can confirm but it was known as the VOLVO CARINA. Based on a volvo drivetrain. It is not the same but there are lot's of comon things. Wish I could have found more info on the volvo carina. Actualy it was an Ockelbo construction.

Greetings.

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
ascort
12 years ago

yes, It is a sort of copy of the zelensis. The story goes that in the 60s Raoul Thiebaut, the creator of the zelensis sold a body of to sweden. No one can confirm but it was known as the VOLVO CARINA. Based on a volvo drivetrain. It is not the same but there are lot's of comon things. Wish I could have found more info on the volvo carina. Actualy it was an Ockelbo construction.

Greetings.

zelensis61 wrote:

https://users.skynet.be/zelensis/zelensis/wagens-en.htm 

I presume that the Volvo Carina, and the car in the Zelensis web site, was a front engine, rear wheel drive vehicle. Was the Carina sold as a body only which you fitted to your own mechanicals and so could be fitted to any type of running gear?

Being based on a VW pan, the car in the clipping above seems to share more with the Zelensis than a "Volvo" Carina. Could it actually be a Zelensis or should it be just referred to as an Ockelbo?
Mark - Owner of 2 under restoration Australian coachbuilt Ascorts.
zelensis
12 years ago
I understand the confusion with the info on the Zelensis site, The car on the site is indeed a Carina and not an Zelensis. I have to make the update on the site but at the momment I have some troubles to do so.

The Ockelbo is build in the mid '50 by Erik Lundgrun and is not more than a copy from a Ferrari mondial 500 of his friend.
I d'ont know if he build only the body or also put them on chassis but apparentlly there was a wide range of chassis available like the Volvo, Austin healy and the VW.

The Carina is a later copy of the original Ockelbo and is today still available as a kit-car.

Here is an other Ockelbo on VW chassis.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Bart