AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
That will be in Yen :d

Andy W
lifeintheslowlane
12 years ago
This is my mate Yel's '52 Samba in Curitiba, Brazil...wonder what that's worth. BTW he's not selling.  yels 52 samba.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
John.
52deluxebug
12 years ago
They are fetching SERIOUS money at the moment

several Barndoor 23s changed hands at auction this year for 200,000+ the most expensive I saw was at Auction in Monte Carlo and fetched 250,000 Euros (it wasn't even very early - being 1954

If you buy them at the right price, they are one of the few VWs left that are worth doing and you won't lose money on.
Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other
Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
Incredible to say the least!
How come they are that pricey? Do i miss some kind of freaky trend?
What kind of people are spending those amounts and why?
Proost! Peter.
1954 Oval L275 (in progressive refinement)
52deluxebug
12 years ago
I suppose they have become the 'ultimate' split van???

If you look at decent auction sites in the US, bus prices in general are getting silly. Upwards of $50,000 for a semi-decent van. $75,000 + for anything really good and you can treble that if its a 21 or 23 window. Then make it a Barndoor and well......

Heard a rumour that a '49 pre-production prototype in SERIOUS need of major work changed hands for 250,000 euros earlier this year....
Is frequently found with a glass of wine in one hand and a vintage vw part in the other
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
A Fool and there money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Andy w
GKL 7
12 years ago
Apparantly the same bus was for sale this last January for £20K.
If the guy sells it for 125,think i'll give him down to my last penny,to invest in something:roll:
ianmac
12 years ago
If someone pays £125k for a less than half finished ex columbian bus made up from a load of repro panels they must want their head testing:shock:

64rotbox
12 years ago
Remove the 1 from that price and the same would still hold true. Can we pinpoint exactly when the VW market plunged into 'total idiot' territory? I think I must have slept late on that day.
You can call me Al.
Old Blue
12 years ago

If someone pays £125k for a less than half finished ex columbian bus made up from a load of repro panels they must want their head testing:shock:

ianmac wrote:

Maybe the price is in pence rather than pounds. Either way if you are considering this as a purchase, its time to call for the men in their white overalls to come to your house.

The Type IIs are not a Porsche design, and therefor do not match up to the hugely more successful Type I, and no half reconstructed/fabricated Beetle, even if it were owned by Hitler himself will ever sell for that.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Old Blue
12 years ago
....having said that, £125,000 wouldn't separate me from our beloved 'Old Blue'.

Im just going to telephone for those men to come round....:cry:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago
I sit hear thinking of all the cars i have scrapped in the past 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞

Andy W
Old Blue
12 years ago

I sit hear thinking of all the cars i have scrapped in the past 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞 😞

Andy W

AW wrote:

Yep, I'm thinking of all the VWs I could have got for a song, and didn't.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing..:(

Piet
  • Piet
  • pre67vw Junkie
12 years ago

Hindsight is a wonderful thing..:(

Old Blue wrote:

My dad was an inch away of buying a brand new bus in 1958 because we had a large family. He opted for a sedan after all. Wish he didn't!:shock: (I turned the 58 into a baha!!:cry: )
Proost! Peter.
1954 Oval L275 (in progressive refinement)
heb623
12 years ago

My dad was an inch away of buying a brand new bus in 1958 because we had a large family. He opted for a sedan after all. Wish he didn't!:shock: (I turned the 58 into a baha!!:cry: )

Piet wrote:

You "domme hond"!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Pitty you didn't knew than what you know now!:cry:

:twisted: ET

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
GKL 7
12 years ago

Old Blue wrote:

One in my past springs to mind.

'62 23 window..........£100:cry: Now ET that'a a Domme hond don't you think.
vintagebug
12 years ago

Definitely a "stomme hond" there George!! 😛 £100?? When was that, must have been at least a year or two ago...

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
GKL 7
12 years ago

When was that, must have been at least a year or two ago...

vintagebug wrote:

Approx 25.
It was in Helsby just off the M56.
Advertised in Automart.

My old dad said the guy was talking "silly money" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
49barndoor
12 years ago

I suppose they have become the 'ultimate' split van???

If you look at decent auction sites in the US, bus prices in general are getting silly. Upwards of $50,000 for a semi-decent van. $75,000 + for anything really good and you can treble that if its a 21 or 23 window. Then make it a Barndoor and well......

Heard a rumour that a '49 pre-production prototype in SERIOUS need of major work changed hands for 250,000 euros earlier this year....

52deluxebug wrote:

That 49 rumour is not true, There is a guy in Germany who bought the 1951 Miesen bus from me some years back building a 49 recreation by useing the wreck of a 50 bus.

There has never been a 49 pre production bus found even VW themselfs only have a 1950 pre production in there collection.

11/50 Barndoor kombi
1/51 Misen ambo/kombi
1/51 Barndoor panel
Pre rear window buses 3/50-3/51