surrey67
11 years ago
In response to Rob wanting to bring a few different angles onto the forum i thought id start
with some photos of my accident come resto earlier in the year

On the way home from Brighton Breeze i got hit up the rear by a young driver who fortunately
was fully comp and admitted liability which was handy in a way but the insurers ( RH ) wanted to play hardball ( scrappage )until they realised i was on a agreed value , so to cut a long story short i made them book my van into Steve Nolan ( Wolfsburg VW ) to carry out the repairs. I chose Steve because One , i know him and know the fantastic work that he has churned out over the years , Two have total trust in him cause he is as anal as i am ,as you will see when he attends Lavenham in his 1960 SO23 Westy & also his fathers 52 Beetle hmmm perhaps i shouldnt admit too that :d

Anyway heres some pictures of before & after :wink:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I,ll add some captions at a later date :wink:
1967 Westfalia SO42

AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
11 years ago
Nice to see her back on the road :thumbup: Is she running front discs?

Andy W
surrey67
11 years ago

Nice to see her back on the road :thumbup: Is she running front discs?

Andy W

AW wrote:

Thanks Andy, Yep front discs just for a bit more stopping power altho would really benefit from having a servo fitted :smile:
1967 Westfalia SO42

While Steve was at it he found some serious bodged rust issues and dealt with them accordingly with new metal not filler :d Also ive always been hankering for my bus to be as stock as possible so out came the awful cream coloured vinyl seating material to be replaced by correct colour for the year TMI front seat covers and repro as close as you can get mustad westy rear seat/bed covers from Joanne & Steve @ J&S interiors plus i lost the huge 15 inch wheels & the balloon white walls and got a set of correct 14inch wheels which i painted silver white and shod in 185/75 8 ply commercial tyres
1967 Westfalia SO42

You must have been absolutely gutted when it happened, but what a nice repair on it - you must be well pleased with it now. I know most people drool over the barndoors, but for me a nice 67 is the nuts. 12v, dual circuit brakes splitscreen, one day...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
surrey67
11 years ago
Well pleased with it Rob as you well know was gutted but @ the end of the day everything worked out well tbh
I like BDs but like anything a tad overated but for me any bus will suffice altho i do have a soft spot for utlity
vehicles ( firebuses etc ) i dont know why, im saving up for a nice stock oval beetle :wink:
1967 Westfalia SO42

Stunning bus this but the owners not much of a drinker 😳 :beer:
1955 LHD Oval / 1960 11 window microbus - they're both pretty low
surrey67
11 years ago

Stunning bus this but the owners not much of a drinker 😳 :beer:

Murphy wrote:

:rofl: :beer:

1967 Westfalia SO42