JULIANROBINSON
10 years ago
I Visited a Scrap yard last week in the sunshine, I hadnt been there for 15 or 20 years.

When I was a boy, the place was full of split and oval bugs...

Last time I visited they had a mountain of scrap in the middle of the yard, where they had just pushed everything into a pile.. :thumbdn:

I thought it had all gone...

But there is still some cool stuff, particuarly lorry stuff...

Here is a link to some snaps I took last week with my phone..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.566528503391888.1073741832.539221366122602&type=1 

You can look at the pics without joining facebook!

UserPostedImage
www.vwoval.co.uk
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
aerosilver
10 years ago
Cool pics :thumbup: Is that Langley? They were never keen letting me wander around just looking.:smile:
Russ.
Mike Peckham
10 years ago
Does anyone remember the car breakers at Adversane in West Sussex? I’m not sure if this is the one now trading as Charles Muddle Scrap Metal? It was a very extensive yard that had been established, probably in the 40s or 50s. I think the story was that it had stopped operating in the 60s and when the site changed hands in the 80s the new owner began trading from another part of the land. The original scrap yard had by then become completely overgrown and the vehicles in it were pretty much covered in undergrowth. It was great looking around it as you had to really dig though the brambles to see what was there. Some of the stuff was really old - a lot of it was pre-war.

Sadly, I only ever came across one VW – a barn door bus that was really just a shell, it had obviously been completely stripped when the yard was first operating.

Great pics by the way, Julian.

Mike

July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
Rattletrap
10 years ago
Love the old Foden (main pic). Curves are not too unlike that of the back view of a split window Beetle.:beer:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
karlito
10 years ago

Does anyone remember the car breakers at Adversane in West Sussex? I’m not sure if this is the one now trading as Charles Muddle Scrap Metal? It was a very extensive yard that had been established, probably in the 40s or 50s. I think the story was that it had stopped operating in the 60s and when the site changed hands in the 80s the new owner began trading from another part of the land. The original scrap yard had by then become completely overgrown and the vehicles in it were pretty much covered in undergrowth. It was great looking around it as you had to really dig though the brambles to see what was there. Some of the stuff was really old - a lot of it was pre-war.

Sadly, I only ever came across one VW – a barn door bus that was really just a shell, it had obviously been completely stripped when the yard was first operating.

Great pics by the way, Julian.

Mike

Mike Peckham wrote:

I bought a lot of cars from Adversane, still got a 64 woody mini traveller from there in the corner of my yard!