pre67vw
10 years ago
That pickup is cool as well, do you have a slightly larger copy? Looks like a type 3 back end?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
10 years ago
:beer: was it old niks car ???????   bugup1.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
John Beardall
10 years ago
Ok Rob, your wish is my command, sorry but still having problems resizing! :?  SPU 1 CHOP.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  SPU 2 CHOP.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
pre67vw
10 years ago

Ok Rob, your wish is my command, sorry but still having problems resizing! :?

John Beardall wrote:

thats great! What's the story on this one then? Surely it would have been easier to just make a pickup out of the type 3?

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
John Beardall
10 years ago

thats great! What's the story on this one then? Surely it would have been easier to just make a pickup out of the type 3?

pre67vw wrote:

Both were insurance total loss vehicles, I seem to remember it as a good idea at the time! wonder if it still lives?
Kevhippey
10 years ago
Hi new on here, signed up to view pics, my 66 bug is from beardalls, got te dealer badge on the boot lid, and also a magnetic coin holder for dash too!
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
Welcome to the forum Kevhippey. It would be nice to see some photos of your 66 and some more info on her :thumbup:

Andy W

John Beardall
10 years ago

Hi new on here, signed up to view pics, my 66 bug is from beardalls, got te dealer badge on the boot lid, and also a magnetic coin holder for dash too!

Kevhippey wrote:

How did he ever manage to get customers to allow him to drill holes in their brand new car so he could put an advert badge onto their vehicle !! Owt for nowt lad, do it for thee sen :sneaky:
John Beardall
10 years ago

Kevhippey wrote:

Hi Kevhippey, any chance on the Reg No, you never know I may have a little history of the vehicle for you, if you don't want to put up on the site email me direct at [email protected]. and I will see if I can find anything for you. John

Kevhippey
10 years ago
Hi, sorry for slow responces, dont spend much time online, have very little history on the car although I am the fourth owner, i know a young lad had it before me who had a couple of bangs in it and took it off the road, and a old chap previous, who i was lead to beleived was the original owner untill i got log book through,,and the car has lived local all its life, havnt got any pics yet as not figured how to upload them yet! Reg is grr653d, I know that it was registered in Nottingham in march66.
John Beardall
10 years ago

Hi, sorry for slow responces, dont spend much time online, have very little history on the car although I am the fourth owner, i know a young lad had it before me who had a couple of bangs in it and took it off the road, and a old chap previous, who i was lead to beleived was the original owner untill i got log book through,,and the car has lived local all its life, havnt got any pics yet as not figured how to upload them yet! Reg is grr653d, I know that it was registered in Nottingham in march66.

Kevhippey wrote:

Hi
I will do a little checking and see if I have any photos for you
John
Kevhippey
10 years ago

Hi
I will do a little checking and see if I have any photos for you
John

John Beardall wrote:

Thanks that would be great!
ChrisE
10 years ago

Photo of the badge the one underneeth is a copy i made.

AW wrote:

I will show you in photos how its done when i get some time. Might be of intrest to some one :beer:

AW wrote:

That's a pretty good result there with the repro badge Andy, very nice - I'd be very interested to see how you did that.

There's a lovely '63 Beetle near me with it's original same Beardall's script badge on the decklid & Beardall's ACE style number plate surround; its a bit aged round the edges but is still in daily use (lady owner, bought by her Dad for her 21st!) only non-original thing on it is a window sticker. Got some pics on old phone somewhere.
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
Ok hear goes the first photo is the moulding clay used and flatend so the badge will fit. N0 2 is showing a dusting of powder to stop the mould from sticking. N03 is the badge pressed in to the clay. No4 is the master removed from the mould its a bit tricky you don't damage the mould. N05 the resin to be used mix and pour in to mould Photo 6. Photo 7 remove from mould when dry you destroy the mould at this stage. Photo 8 is the badge with some of the access wax removed and resin over spill. Photo 9 is lettering cleaned up of the access resin and holes drilled ready for paint. photo 10 is base coat applied and N0 11 is the lettering picked out in silver. So there you have it :d

Andy W  01.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  02.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  4.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  5.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  6.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
The other photos  7.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  8.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  9.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  10.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  11.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
ChrisE
10 years ago
That's exactly as I have done it before; it looks so realistic in your pic I thought you'd cast it in metal or some metallic compound. Found those photo's I took of the Beardall's beetle near me...  Beardalls plate.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Beardalls decklid script badge.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
10 years ago
I have a Beardalls of Nottingham Tax disc holder, if anyone is interested?

Tel: 0115 9394122 ask for Kevin or e-mail [email protected]
AW
  • AW
10 years ago
You have an email. :d

Andy W
banjoamber
10 years ago
Hi,

I am also interested in Beardalls garage as both my parents worked there in the late 50's early 60's. I have a photo of my dad working in the garage and Mr Beardall (GHB mum called him) attended my parents wedding along with other staff members of which I also have a photo. Would love if anyone could supply me information or photos.

Lauren
Armovolks
9 years ago
My March '63 beetle has the reg number SVO , VO I believe is Nottingham?, could it be a Beardall's supplied
car?
All I do know is that it has been in Leicestershire for over 25 years. Still got to get previous history from the DVLA.