10 years ago
who's going?

is it a stock only show??
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
10 years ago
Yep I'm going, looking forward to it.

No it's not a stock only show, but I think they're hoping to have a few stock vintage cars there for the Sunday.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Jollychuffy
10 years ago
I'm hoping to give my Oval a run out to Sweetcorn on new tyres on the Sunday . Be a good opportunity to meet other 'Forum Users' face to face if we can identify them ! Fingers crossed for a dry day : See you there ! John aka Jollychuffy
Old Blue
10 years ago
Not sure if I'll have Old Blue's pot hole damage sorted in time. But then its a '68, and I'd not want to spoil things for the pre67vw only forum guys:roll:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
SixtyFive
10 years ago

Not sure if I'll have Old Blue's pot hole damage sorted in time. But then its a '68, and I'd not want to spoil things for the pre67vw only forum guys:roll:

Old Blue wrote:

ooh got a pic?

68-70 bugs are my fave :thumbup:
RoRoVw
10 years ago
The Historic VW Club has a display plot there on both days. Come along and say "hello". Or, even better, join.
Cheers,
Rob.
Phil Parry
10 years ago
It's the same as the Peppercorn show ...with a new name and location. Organised by Jeff Caton 'The Buffer'. All comers are welcome and Sunday is Vintage Sunday.

Looking forward to it!

Come and say hello and sell me all the bits I need for my 49! I'll be the bald guy with the beard on my wife's stall selling blankets, bags and similar stuff. White camper and a bell tent on the plot.
Rod_vw
10 years ago
We will be there with the VW Books stall and to do a little bit to support the Historic VW Club.

It is worth reminding you all (and telling those who have never heard) that the Historic VW Club now welcomes all enthusiasts of Type 1 cars manufactured up to the end of European Beetle production.

Just let’s hope for some good weather and a great display!

See you there.

Rod & Liz

P.S. no '46 with us yet but maybe in 2015!
pre67vw
10 years ago
A few photos from the VW Sweetcorn show .

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Some nice looking cars there :drool:

Andy W
pre67vw
10 years ago
It was a good show, difficult to gauge the size of it because the site is bigger than the Peppercorn field, but it definitely has space to grow. We took the tent and camped Saturday night, the cabrio didn't have a huge amount of room to take loads of stuff so we ended up being cold, which wasn't great - and the site could really use a decent shower/toilet block.

I wasn't keen on how they tried to display the cars for 'Vintage Sunday', they arranged the cars in rows by year - splits, ovals, 60's, 70's etc. Which meant that stock cars were mixed in with modified and custom cars, I'm sure a lot of people liked that layout for the variety but for me, it didn't look like a 'Vintage Sunday', it just looked like a mix of VW's in a field.

I've decided I need one of these, as near to this as I can get :d :thumbup:
UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
10 years ago
Nice little video of our trip to the Sweetcorn show by my daughter Kate:

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Nothing there on the link Rob 😞
Found it on you tube :thumbup:

Andy W
pre67vw
10 years ago

Nothing there on the link Rob 😞
Found it on you tube :thumbup:

Andy W

AW wrote:

It shows as a video for me... :?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie
10 years ago
Just a blank box with a black circle with a line through it in the top left had corner is all I get.

Andy W