Wagenfolks
9 years ago
Hi!

Maybe a silly question but how rare is a 52 Standard Ragtop? Can't find alot of info on these...
Vin 1- 0 359 XXX says made mai 52, but birthcertificate tells june 52.. how can that be?

Thanks!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rattletrap
9 years ago

Hi!

Maybe a silly question but how rare is a 52 Standard Ragtop? Can't find alot of info on these...
Vin 1- 0 359 XXX says made mai 52, but birthcertificate tells june 52.. how can that be?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by: Wagenfolks 

Well obviously Standard ragtops by definition are rarer than Deluxes (if you had more to spend buying a VW why would you want the bare-bones Standard?). Though I'm amazed how often a Standard ragtop comes up. I've known of four, even a RHD one.:smile:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
MilBug
8 years ago
I have an August 1952 11E model and I found very little on the net about them.
MilBug
8 years ago
They were used for the military and the German Police. I wish someone would find and old military record book that had the location and unit of all military Volkswagens.
johnshenry
8 years ago
I have a '51 11E Standard Sunroof. They are indeed very rare cars.