brille52
8 years ago
My dream for quite 40 years :wink: , finally it became reality :smile:

Really not easy to find one ,with original number plates - now I can retire :beer:

Cheers
A.  Kopie von DSC00870.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Kopie von DSC00871.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
six-o-one
8 years ago
Andreas, how many vehicles do you have now? It must be quite a collection!

:omg: 😎
pre67vw
8 years ago

My dream for quite 40 years :wink: , finally it became reality :smile:

Really not easy to find one ,with original number plates - now I can retire :beer:

Cheers
A.

Originally Posted by: brille52 

Nice! Can you sleep in it at Dover though? :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
brille52
8 years ago
[Nice! Can you sleep in it at Dover though? :thumbup:

:d ! Rob, believe me = it was the second thought I had when the car was parked in my garage ! :thumbup: Can`t wait to experience that adventure again !

Do you remember , you once send me a sale advertisment of a Crew Cab here in Italy - unfortunately it was a later imported one and had the new number plates - now I finally feel peace in my mind :wink:

Cheers
Andreas

zelensis61
8 years ago
A new company car? Ad the signwriting so you can haul your goods in style 😉

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
vintagebug
8 years ago
That's lovely! But what is that on the front, between the headlight and the indicator?

Dave
Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
zelensis61
8 years ago

That's lovely! But what is that on the front, between the headlight and the indicator?

Dave

Originally Posted by: vintagebug 

Dave, I think it is a socket with a screw on cover, mostly seen on fire trucks for an extral light in front, on an elevating pole.

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
brille52
8 years ago
You are absolutely right , Peter ! :thumbup: !!

Till the late 80ties, when the bus was sold, it was used by the fire brigade of Trento. Once, the Fire Departement , had to take a normal registred bus and paint it the colour they needed, and ad all the optionals they would use. Later on, all the different Departements ( police, red cross, fire dep. etc ) got their own number plates . ( VF ....= Vigili del Fuoco ) Now, if you can buy one of these, you have to change the plates into the public one`s, and thatswhy you receive the " EU " plates of today. Maybe this is a only " italian " phenomenon.....
This one has the first registration plates, and that`s what I was in search for. I have a pic where it stands in a lot of busses , ready to be sold, in the late 80ties. Nobody could expect then, in what directions ,money wise, these busses would drift .....CRAZY !

I hope this was not to boring :oops:
A.

Kopie von scansione0009.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
brille52
8 years ago

A new company car? Ad the signwriting so you can haul your goods in style 😉

Originally Posted by: zelensis61 

:d :beer: !!
brille52
8 years ago
WARNING ! 😎

The moment I presented the Doka to my family, I had a completely new experience = for the very first time, my ( already older ) kids , immediately asked me for a key copy of the car, and after they asked me : " can we also use it ? " I didn`t see the Double Cab any more ! IT `S SIMPLY GONE ! :omg:
Incredible ! With all the old cars I had before and still have, it never ever happened ! :roll:
I am just thinking , that the best would be, to find another one.......just for me ! :thumbup:

So you all be warned = never tell your kids or parents, that you own such a bus ! 😳 :beer: :!:

A.
pre67vw
8 years ago
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
zelensis61
8 years ago
Andreas, You should have a barn to keep your cars... and hide the keys...
Or you drive them and let them do the work in the fink business :wink:
vintagevw
8 years ago
Very nice cab man! ;-)
This was on my wishlist too but my garage is full now and wallet is empty. ;-)
Enjoy it Andreas!
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
brille52
8 years ago
[quote = This was on my wishlist too but my garage is full now and wallet is empty. ;-)]

On my wishlist is a garage like yours - you have build the perfect place for your cars ! Congratulations, Pascal ! :beer:

I am slowly " updating " the bus...........hardware for the canopy I found in the Netherlands and the canopy itself came from the States :wink: The flashlight for the roof is also ready to be installed.......but, its not gonna be painted fire - truck - red again :oops:
andreas

DSC03216.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
brille52
8 years ago
The last update !
As I have to wear glasses now , I surely need some more light = I hope, these " fire - brigade - spot - lights " will help ! :oops:

I wish all of you a great Year 2016 and Thanks Rob for all your efforts !
C us on the road.......:beer:

Andreas  Kopie von DSC00204.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Fernando Pal
8 years ago
Hi brille52 is a good doble cap:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
FP
11 sedan de luxe oval
6/1955
early bay camper 4/1971
kevsplitty
8 years ago
Thats an awesome double cab ,very nice indeed 😎