nicolass
11 years ago
Christian

Ok i did not know he put it for sale as a original car
Old Blue
11 years ago

Hey! Just thought we ought to start a trend by fitting a really old accessory to our cars to create a bit of a buzz about it.

Here's mine...I own the world's oldest Karmann Ghia...pre-dates the '53 prototype by 5 years.:smile:

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

You could call it Rattletrap ll:rofl:
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Old Blue
11 years ago

Christian

nicolass wrote:

People are trying to dupe money from unsuspecting buyers - they should make it clear what the real year of the car is.

Having said that, the DVLA do date an imported old car by the chassis number.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

rudolf hucker
11 years ago
I think that this car was at VW Action 76 or 77 in Stafford.
Jollychuffy
11 years ago
You're right, Rudolf !
Some of my old photos Rob has posted today include two views of the car - "General Chat - Some Old VW Show photos" at Action 1976 at Stafford. - John Jollychuffy
Old Blue
11 years ago

Christian

nicolass wrote:

He's still not sold it, so its clearly a 1950's body. No gullible persons have been drawn in.

Rattletrap
11 years ago
Otto's name is 'Vintage VW', a long-standing VW enthusiast going back to before just about anyone alive today.

I agree, his advert is rather misleading. I had more respect for him, so I'm a little disappointed.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
gotsplit
9 years ago
Is this car still for sale?
Old Blue
9 years ago

Is this car still for sale?

Originally Posted by: gotsplit 

Although knowing the car is a Volkswagen on a Kubel chassis, I gave it a go and contacted the seller. It would still be an interesting car at the right price I thought.

However the gentleman selling it seemed to have delusions of grandeur. He said that he'd had many enquiries for his very rare car, and wanted it to go only to the right person. He requested what my age and nationality was, and even what my employment is.

I heard no more from him.

lifeintheslowlane
9 years ago

Although knowing the car is a Volkswagen on a Kubel chassis, I gave it a go and contacted the seller. It would still be an interesting car at the right price I thought.

However the gentleman selling it seemed to have delusions of grandeur. He said that he'd had many enquiries for his very rare car, and wanted it to go only to the right person. He requested what my age and nationality was, and even what my employment is.

I heard no more from him.

Originally Posted by: Old Blue 

Should have told him you were a 73 year old brain surgeon with shaky hands and are willing to give him VW discount on any operation he should need 😶
John.
Rattletrap
9 years ago

Should have told him you were a 73 year old brain surgeon with shaky hands and are willing to give him VW discount on any operation he should need :x

Originally Posted by: lifeintheslowlane 

Should've given him a lesson in some English. 2 words. first begins with 'F' and the second ends with 'F'.:d
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Old Blue
8 years ago
Does anyone know if he has sold the car?

brille52
8 years ago
[Does anyone know if he has sold the car?]

Yes ! It is now in the museum of Ernst Piëch, Austria, near Salzburg.
They say , that they will drive it every 3 month......:wink:
Here is an internet address of the museum. www.fahrtraum.at

Cheers
A.