GKL 7
15 years ago
This site can spot a Rogue Trader from a mile off:wink:
aerosilver
15 years ago

Russ (I'm assuming that's you!),

How's the '55 coming along? Are we likely to get to see it this year?

Rich.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Detective Rich:wink:

All good with the 55,may be at V.world, def. Stanford hall :d
Russ.
velvet green
13 years ago
Hi,

I have a factory rhd december 61 ghia vert...
aerosilver mentions one in england, mine is located in australia...anyone got production figures for factory rhd ghia verts?
lifeintheslowlane
13 years ago

Hi,

I have a factory rhd december 61 ghia vert...
aerosilver mentions one in england, mine is located in australia...anyone got production figures for factory rhd ghia verts?

velvet green wrote:

I've seen this question asked a number of times on The Samba and nobody has come up with an answer. It seems the published figures never differentiated between LHD and RHD.:?
John.
Hubcap
13 years ago
Sorry to jump in, my ghia was factory RHD Built 9th May 60, but they forgot to make it a vert and left the roof on!

Still I guess it's quite an early RHD, so vaguely relevant to the thread. It also has some interesting cross over parts and a Lowlight wiring loom.

there are a couple of pics in the other thread.

Does anyone know the earliest RHD in the UK yet?

Simon

UserPostedImage

couldn't resist sharing it again!
Rich Oakley
13 years ago

Sorry to jump in, my ghia was factory RHD Built 9th May 60, but they forgot to make it a vert and left the roof on!

Still I guess it's quite an early RHD, so vaguely relevant to the thread. It also has some interesting cross over parts and a Lowlight wiring loom.

there are a couple of pics in the other thread.

Does anyone know the earliest RHD in the UK yet?

Simon

UserPostedImage

couldn't resist sharing it again!

Hubcap wrote:

A friend of mine in Brighton used to own a '59 built RHD '60 model.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Hubcap
13 years ago
Just noticed that i posted on the 9th of may 2010, actually the cars 50 birthday!

I didn't worry about a card or any cake this year, the new voltage regulator, a good lube and service should suffice!

Does the car in Brighton still exist? There was a fairly early one on ebay not so long ago.