AW
  • AW
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
12 years ago
Just got back and there were lots of split busses about. Only got one shot Enjoy

Andy W  Resize Wizard-1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
12 years ago
Be nice with some shiney paint. 😃
William
GKL 7
12 years ago
How unlucky is that!!!
All their suspensions collapsing on the same day out:sneaky:
64rotbox
12 years ago
Yuck.
You can call me Al.
AW
  • AW
12 years ago
I used to have the same feelings about modified cars but then i realised that if these had not been taken from the wreckers and had done to them what has been done then it may have been another to the crusher :thumbdn: At least thay can be put back to standard. Just my opinion :roll: .

Andy w
64rotbox
12 years ago
On the plus side, I did get a very quick (and very profitable) sale on my totally stock Split a few weeks ago, as the buyer couldn't actually find another van for sale which hadn't been modded/ratted/bodged to death. So - in some ways - three cheers for the pile o'shite brigade!
You can call me Al.
AW
  • AW
12 years ago

On the plus side, I did get a very quick (and very profitable) sale on my totally stock Split a few weeks ago, as the buyer couldn't actually find another van for sale which hadn't been modded/ratted/bodged to death. So - in some ways - three cheers for the pile o'shite brigade!

64rotbox wrote:

So thats a plus for you :d I think the first i ever saw was in the early 80's. But in them days we called the Knakkerd :rofl:

Andy W
Old Blue
12 years ago

Yuck.

64rotbox wrote:

Did your parents sue the local education authority Rotbox?

Your posts make the efforts of my bright 6 year-old grandson seem akin to those of the genius Shakespeare.
1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

Blue, blue, Electric Blue, that's the colour of Old Blue!
Old Blue
12 years ago
Although not to my taste, many of these salvaged old VW vans would not be around at all but for their enthusiastic owners. Many have been pulled from fields, junk yards, ditches and the like, and with much dedication and effort from these guys have been saved and made roadworthy. How many of the stock purists here would have done so much or even just bothered?

It is a shame however when so many excellent and good condition surviving Type lls get the full lower and 'rat' treatment. Original spec Type ll vehicles are now so few and far between.

1956 VW Beetle, 1962 Morris Minor, 1968 VW Beetle (Old Blue), 1972 Morris Mini, 2005 MGTF

64rotbox
12 years ago

Did your parents sue the local education authority Rotbox?

Your posts make the efforts of my bright 6 year-old grandson seem akin to those of the genius Shakespeare.

Old Blue wrote:

Oof. Poor lad. Imagine having you as a Grandad. Yuck.
You can call me Al.
Old Blue
12 years ago

Oof. Poor lad. Imagine having you as a Grandad. Yuck.

64rotbox wrote:

Good. I assume then that they won their claim.

64rotbox
12 years ago
How very presumptuous of you to assume I ever knew who my parents were. How dare you insult the family I possibly didn't have, depending on which internet persona I'm using at the moment. I bet you wouldn't say that to my face at a VW show etc. etc.
You can call me Al.
Old Blue
12 years ago

How very presumptuous of you to assume I ever knew who my parents were. How dare you insult the family I possibly didn't have, depending on which internet persona I'm using at the moment. I bet you wouldn't say that to my face at a VW show etc. etc.

64rotbox wrote:

My dad retaliated after being very patient with your insults to us.You say you never go to VWshows as they are as dull as hell. You post yuks about some peoples vws posted on these forums and dislike andinsult some other members here even their families.

Murphy
12 years ago

How unlucky is that!!!
All their suspensions collapsing on the same day out:sneaky:

GKL 7 wrote:

Hello couldnt agree more.....yup its well and truely kippered on this one look

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
1955 LHD Oval / 1960 11 window microbus - they're both pretty low
Murphy
12 years ago

Just got back and there were lots of split busses about. Only got one shot Enjoy

Andy W

AW wrote:

nice pic by the way :wink:

1955 LHD Oval / 1960 11 window microbus - they're both pretty low