Febr 1949 shell
zelensis61
11 years ago

Seems that someone bought it... :?:
Tell us more about it :!:
Are they on Pre67?

Mike

kdf38 wrote:

No Mike, He maybe lurking here:unsure: but normaly he does not show up.... But that could be changed when he needs advise on the resto :smile:
Greetings. Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
GKL 7
11 years ago
If the new owner is in the UK,maybe he and Yan could get together.

If they put the two halves together,they could get a whole Heb.:wink:
zelensis61
11 years ago

If the new owner is in the UK,maybe he and Yan could get together.

If they put the two halves together,they could get a whole Heb.:wink:

GKL 7 wrote:

George, What do you mean? For me the whole heb is ther...except the engine and floorpan. But body and paperwork are original from hebmuller. I do not know how yan's half heb is registrated...?
I have no further information on the new owner as the deal is not finished yet. There are some candidates on it. I hope it is coming at least towards Europe( Ok UK included) :d
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
GKL 7
11 years ago
A joke Peter (all except Yan owning half a Heb,that is):rofl:

I'd not complain if it was stood in my garage.

That goes for Yans aswell,better half a Heb,than no Heb at all:cry:
zelensis61
11 years ago

A joke Peter (all except Yan owning half a Heb,that is):rofl:

I'd not complain if it was stood in my garage.

GKL 7 wrote:

I know the feeling....as with NO Heb at all.:cry:
pre67vw
11 years ago

GKL 7 wrote:

At least its the best half... :thumbup:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
YanRami
11 years ago
That car has been known to the Hebmuller Registry for a very long time.
We know the car well. It's a 49 and carries the body number 376.
It has been in California for many years and is still on black plates, the registration being EVU 094.

The cream is the Heb, and you know it.
zelensis61
11 years ago
Thanks Yan, For sharing that.
I think I'll have to take a look in my agenda for a visit. I think we need to compare the info to make it accessible to the public. For me it was an unknown one.
I 'll bet there are other cars known in your files then the ones I found and collected the info on. I am also aware that probably my info is not 100% correct but I try to keep it as correct as I can get it.
Best regards . Peter
karmann1952
11 years ago
The car is sold and comes to Germany. Congrats to the new owner!
- 1950 VW Hebmüller
- 1951 Split sedan Export
- 1952 Karmann Kabriolett
- 1952 T1 barndoor transporter
- 1963 1200 Export Judson
- 1964 T1 Westfalia SO-34 Flipseat
- 1965 Karmann Ghia convertible
- 1966 T1 Westfalia SO-44 Dormobile

visit my homepage:
www.karmann1952.com
www.hebmuller-registry.com
www.kabriolett-registry.com
oldbug.com
11 years ago
Im pleased that it found a home.

I missed out on this one and am a little sad about it...not for myself as a potential owner, but for the lost experience. I received a call one day on my phone while at Disneyland with my family. An older lady told me she had a couple of VWs that were her husband's and he had passed away and wanted help selling them. When I asked her what she had...she replied "Are you ready for this?"... "Yes...sure...what do you have?" ...and then she proceded to tell me the story of the Hebmuller. I know I was still at Disnelyland in body, and my family was probably there still too...but I was lost in dreamland while she shared the story and described the car to me. Eventually I snapped out of dreamworld and promised to call her in the morning so I could make the trip up to see it. I took her numbers down and happily day dreamed my way through the day...it is not often someone calls out of the blue to tell you they have a Hebmuller they want to sell...especially one they have owned for 50 years!

I called the next morning and left a message on the machine...then called again and again with message after message...never a return call. Then one day it pops up on Samba for sale. I am pleased that the price was at the level it was...I felt that was fair, but the person facilitating the sale seemed to have no emotion or real knowledge of the car at all...what a shame. I would have been over the moon with excitement at the chance to help the lady with the car...just to touch it and clean it and get it prepped for sale...an experience I would PAY to do with a car like this!

Oh well... I guess it was not meant to be.

ste VW agen
11 years ago

That car has been known to the Hebmuller Registry for a very long time.
We know the car well. It's a 49 and carries the body number 376.
It has been in California for many years and is still on black plates, the registration being EVU 094.

YanRami wrote:

Hello Yan!

I'm wondering if you could also help me on the correspondence and pics you might have in the HEBMULLER Registry for Hebs 418 & 309? I know that both were registered with you since long ago, so any photo copies of these would be greatly appreciated :beer:

I just met last month with Mr. Bill Goepper who bought 309 from Bill Collins in 1994 (or so), and he has asked me to do research for him as well. So far, I've discovered that BOTH had (apparently) been owned in Germany in 1968 by the same US G.I. "Mr. Robert Taylor" of Pennsylvania. Last Year, I drove to Bob Taylor's house (in a 2011 Jetta 😞 ), picked him up and took him all the way to Cincinnati, Ohio to see both these / HIS previous Hebs together once again in Mark's shop. Bob was close to tears!!

At his home, Bob had some pics "from the day" of 418 which he gave me :thumbup:, but he said he had none of 309 :cry: So whatever you Yan or anyone else out there in Heb - Land can provide on these two cars would be greatly appreciated :beer: Meanwhile, both cars continue their slow (expensive) restorations at Metal Kraft in Cincy.

Thanks Yan for any help you can dig from your archives :beer: In return, I'll be happy to share with you the special pics I received from Bob :d

ste VW e

I Ha VW e a Dream!! (Well ...... err, Many!)
1) '49 Hebmueller (project)
2) '51 Split Sunroof (project)
3) '56 Oval Ste VW agen (project)
4 & 5) '67 Kabriolett x 2 (projects)
6) '18 K Gold Split Pendant around my neck since 1976 (complete & original)