1974dudley
9 years ago
So I've gone and done it and taken the plunge and have started repairs to the 67. Just going to make it solid. Dont think I will paint it maybe just blend it in here and there. One family owned from new Northern Ireland car. Repairs to the four inner wings, front wheel well, rear quarters, all bumper mounts, heater channels , boot floor, crossmembers, a pillar bottoms and lower rear quarters, front valance, both floor pans, lower bulkhead and a new axle will be needed. On the plus side the 67 only rear valance is solid. Doors need repairs. Pics show new floorpans and the front bulk head repair section set in place.  pre67 67 1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  pre67 67 2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pete67
9 years ago
Great to see work starting. Looks VW Blue - lovely colour. Will get across soon in my java green.
1974dudley
9 years ago
Cheers Pete, Shouldn't take too long. The biggest problem will be the wait on the new boot floor panel. Could repair the old one but the new one will make the car strong and rust free for years to come. I will fit the panels with the body in position. I will be splitting the bottom plates off the channels and then using new bottom plates so that I can get the best alignment for the doors and that I can get a load of paint inside the heater channels for longevity. I will then lift the body off for final weld and paint to the inside of the shell and the wheel arches and parcel tray engine bay repairs. Another one saved as most people would have walked away from this one. So far I've only spent about 20 hours to get it to this point. I have built up quite a collection of rotten og vw blue metal. Had to save it as it was cheap and never mucked around with before. Got lucky with a load of repair panels from a mates dad who had them in his garage. Got two new floors for £90 from a mate and sourced a couple of heater channels and boot floor locally at a reasonable cost. Trying to keep the budget low as the two 52s are defo getting finished this year.
1974dudley
9 years ago
The rust removal continues. Last night the bottom plate was taken off the heater channel, and the towbar and engine were removed. Ready for some more welding tomorrow.
1974dudley
9 years ago
Some more work carried out on the 67 today. New cross members and new boot floor.Progress:smile:  67 boot floor.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1974dudley
8 years ago
Some more work done on the 67, cross members, boot floor heater channels, a pillar repairs, bumper mounts door bottoms, inner wings, floor pans, bulk head, all now in place, wings and doors and bonnet are on again to check fitment.  20150612_204125.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  20150612_203809.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1974dudley
8 years ago
Another pic  20150612_203913.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  20150612_203749.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
1974dudley
8 years ago
She made it to the drag day, from basket case to super solid.  drag day 3.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.