Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bigoval  
#1 Posted : 11 July 2019 23:38:12(UTC)
bigoval

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Right well not quite sure of the best place to put this so I thought I would put it here...

Finally found a set of mud flaps for the front as well as the back of a beetle! Originally supplied as an accessory in Australia - they look like they should fit just about everything Beetle wise pre-67!

Here is the original catalogue listing -
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

And what the set I purchased look like -

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Now - given how rare these appear to be - I have managed to find a company that will do a one-time production run of these for me! That way I am not going to wear out one of the very few (I've not seen another set anywhere!) sets in existance!

Now in terms of getting them mounted - in the photos they seem to be bonded to a thin strip of steel... My best guess is that you would secure them to the inner lip of the wing with a couple of self tapping screws - I for one do not wish to go putting additional holes in my car!

So for the rear I am thinking of just using the standard metal bracket that comes with the more ordinary after-market rear mud flaps - the L shaped pieces of steel... and probably modifying an additional set to suit the mounting of the front ones from the bottom bolt hole of the wing? I am open to ideas on that one...

So should anyone be interested in purchasing a repro set (they will be identical in every way to the original rubber! But will be marked in a suitably subtle way to show that they are repro...)

Please drop me a PM expressing your interest and I will see what I can do...!

Sponsor

(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)