mrsherbie
17 years ago
😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 :D

We paid back in October actually, but havent touched the cars for a few weeks with the rush to take them both off. I'm glad I did'nt find out just before we left to play with the pelicans on the beach for the last 2 weeks! :lol:

Happy Camberg singing horses! 

😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 [/i]
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
mrsherbie
17 years ago
Camberg list has hit 250! :shock:
😃 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃
1954bn1
17 years ago
Hello,

I'm wondering if anybody here has info on shipping a bus over for Bad Camberg? I heard on the Samba forum that perhaps some guys in the US are sending cars over to BBT prior to the show?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Trevor
1954 AH BN1
1957 Deluxe Bus
1959 BMW R60
1960 Vespa VBA
1983 109' Series 3 LR
mrsherbie
17 years ago
Hi, I think you will have a fantastic time doing that!
Shipping to France or Belgium a few days before everyone gets to BBT would be my choice given your plan as that will be your start of the weekend, why not email Bob or Gunter and tell them what you're doing and ask their advice, they are very busy but genuinely wonderful people!

I know it seems early but you will need to book camping urgently now, there are A LOT more uk post '55 buses going than are on this thread! Its a very small town without multiple camping locations! Everyone I know is booking their ferries/chunnel right now!

nearest camping info 

ssvc info 

BBT 

😃
Kabman
17 years ago
If anyone is looking for a cheap ferry, Norfolkline just sent me a flyer about early booking offers. A car and five passengers is £19 each way from Dover to Dunkerque. It's a fiver more if you travel at weekends but I'm going from Wednesday to Wednesday so no problem there. You just need to book online by the end of January and select 'Early booking offer'.
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
We can do better than that.
P+O HULL TO ZEEBRUGGE
Overnight sailing with cabin.
£47 each way.
No going around the M25 with cable brakes and miles saved not going into France.
Weds depart,monday eve return. 😃

Nice one SDV
Alexb
17 years ago

We can do better than that.
P+O HULL TO ZEEBRUGGE
Overnight sailing with cabin.
£47 each way.
No going around the M25 with cable brakes and miles saved not going into France.
Weds depart,monday eve return. 😃

Nice one SDV

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

How did you get that so cheap - who did you book with ??
- Keeps quoting £ 300 to me !!!

Thanks
ALex
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
Best PM SDV on this forum.
He made the booking by ringing P+O Direct.
Seemed to good to be true to me but it's all done.

We booked three cars one 4 berth cabin £284.50 all in the more of you go the cheaper per head it becomes.
Chris
17 years ago
I rang P&O on 08705980333. They quoted me something like £235 for a single car with 3 passengers, (1 being the driver). :shock: This was for a 4 berth cabin departing on Wed 20th June at 19:00 and returning on Mon 25th June at 19:00. They then added £25 per extra car, bringing the grand total to £295 or somewhere around there.THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE EVENING MEAL, BREAKFAST OR COMPLIMENTARY STRIPPERS AS AFTER DINNER ENTERTAINMENT :cry:

There is always the possibility that if we were to make the numbers up to four, then they may just charge for an extra vehicle as we already have a 4 berth cabin. However, they did stress that if we were to ammend the booking then a ammendment charge would be payable. I didn't ask how much as I didn't think at the time of maximising the space.

The best thing is that the ferry arrives in Zebrugge at 08:30 Thursday morning, therefore saving us a hotel bill for the Thusday night as we were going to catch an early train through the tunnel Thursday morning. I can't take too much credit for this as all I did was phone up and book it (and pay 😞 ), it was George's idea to travel from hull. :wink:

I think travelling from Hull to BC is about a 150Km less than if we went through the tunnel...... And when you're driving a 1947 standard with cable brakes and crash gearbox that 150Km makes a difference !! :lol:

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
'50 Karmann
17 years ago

...... And when you're driving a 1947 standard with cable brakes and crash gearbox that 150Km makes a difference !! :lol:

"SDV" wrote:

Yes,but i bet you still don't want to give it back when we get home.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chris
17 years ago
Do I get to keep it if it follows me home ?? 😃
Please Mum, Can I keep it ? :cry:

Anyway, if I drive it to three shows I do I get to keep it like they do with cups in football ? (I wish) :roll:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
mrsherbie
17 years ago
I have just booked and paid for us on:
Norfolk Line 

Early booking offer, £14 each way + £5 fuel surcharge each way =
Total per car £38 !

I rang them first, there are no catches, and good mid-day sailing times.

Bargain!
😃
six-o-one
17 years ago

I have just booked and paid for us on:
Norfolk Line 

Early booking offer, £14 each way + £5 fuel surcharge each way =
Total per car £38 !

I rang them first, there are no catches, and good mid-day sailing times.

Bargain!
😃

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Well done!! 😃
Chris
17 years ago
Anna,
That sounds like a good deal. Where are you sailing from and to ? Also when are you going i.e Thursday to Tuesday etc.

Just wondering how different people are making there way there and what are they taking. 🙂

As the title said... Just being nosey. :lol: :roll:
Kabman
17 years ago
We'll be going on the 2 pm Norfolk Line ferry on Wednesday 20th and coming back on 2nd July. This time we have a two year old in tow so need to allow plenty of time to get there and we're staying for Bug-in the weekend after BC.
I managed to find a good deal at the Mercure Hotel in Limburg for 159 Euros for 3 nights as well. Get in there quick 😃
Bert53
17 years ago
Does anyone know if there is a convoy from BBT in Belgium to Bad Camberg? I've looked on their web site but couldn't find any mention of it.
It would be nice to travel in a convoy, especially as this will be my first time driving on the continent.

mrsherbie
17 years ago
You've got mail Bert 😃
Bert53
17 years ago
😃 Thanks Mrs H, I've replied.

Bert
pre67vw
17 years ago
Is it a secret?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
'50 Karmann
17 years ago
I was in the main tent,sat having a beer with BBT Bob last Camberg.
Across walks well known German trader Hans Shukenbomber(spell check).
Says,Hey Bob how was the convoy,OK.You know we had a much bigger and faster convoy than yours.
(BBT Bob) "Yes,when was that.
(Hans)Well it was going in the opposite direction but it was 1939. :lol: