Chris
  • Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
16 years ago
Any plans to have a little get together and a few drinks at B.C. ? :lol:
I know some people on here know each other but it would be nice to put some faces to names. :wink:

There are 3 of us from here going in a small convoy, so that's 3 of us having a few beers over the weekend. Anyone else :?:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Sounds like a good plan. Just say when and more importantly where.

"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
16 years ago

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
54oval
16 years ago
would be rude not to have a beer or 3.who is meeting at bbt
48REME
16 years ago
I'm crossing on the 12:00 ferry from Dover to Dunkerque on Thursday 21st.
I know Robin Allen and Martin are going on that crossing. In the evening, we stay at Residentie Boshoeve near BBT's. Who else here is going on that journey?
Bert53
16 years ago
We're taking the 14:00 Norfolk Line Dover to Dunkerque on the Wed 20th. Anyone else going on that ferry?
Stopping overnight in Bruges then making our way up to BBT on Thursday 21st.

Hope to see you all there, can't wait 😃 😃

Rob - Love the countdown clock :lol: :lol:

John
Kabman
16 years ago
I'll be on the 12 o'clock Norfolk Line Dover to Dunkerque Ferry on Wed 20th. We're also camping somewhere near Brugge and meeting some friends who are coming on the Zeebrugge ferry on Thursday morning. We aim to get to BBT about 4 o'clock on Thursday. Then we're staying at the Mercure in Limburg until Sunday. Then a few days camping in Luxembourg before going to Bug-in on Saturday.

Sadly it looks like my '64 will be nowhere near ready in time so we will have to skulk along at the back of the BBT cruise in a non-VW 😞 On the other hand, it will probably be the most unusual car there 😃
pre67vw
16 years ago
We're travelling from Ramsgate to Ostend on the 21st, looks like we have a spare ferry ticket due to a change in plans of one of the guys if anyone is still looking...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
356boy
16 years ago
we're on the 2pm norfolkline dover dunkerque with owen and anna on the thursday, staying at a hotel near bbt, there logos a tucan, cant remember the name of the hotel though. :lol:
Chris
  • Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
16 years ago
Four weeks today and we should be at the ferry terminal ay Hull waiting to board. 😃 A '47 standard, a '50 Karmann and a Hebmuller. Not a bad little convoy I think you'll agree 😃

So does anyone know a decent meeting place, and a rough time and date? Friday night I think would be best if there's something planned by the organisers for the Saturday 🙂

Can't Wait........ :roll:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
You will be busy Friday night.
Polishing my cars.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
So is anyone going to name a time and a place? Need to be pretty specific.

The person with the nicest car gets the drinks in, OK?
UserPostedImage
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
Cheers Malc,
Mines a pint. :wink:
mrsherbie
16 years ago
When all 8 wheels turn under their own steam and the engines are finally purring unaided for the first time in over 30yrs for both of them and they pass their MOTs next Friday, I shall make plans for a beer :shock: 😃
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Next Friday!? You have been busy! I'll cross my fingers for the MOT for you both. 😃
UserPostedImage
356boy
16 years ago

When all 8 wheels turn under their own steam and the engines are finally purring unaided for the first time in over 30yrs for both of them and they pass their MOTs next Friday, I shall make plans for a beer :shock: 😃

"mrsherbie" wrote:

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: you sure next friday, your mot station must dodgy :lol: slipped him a few quid have we :wink:
UserPostedImage
Andy Sparks
16 years ago
Beer with my reputation, oh go on then. :lol:
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
Providing all will be there by Friday evening.
Is 9pm outside the main tent on the show field,anygood?
Kabman
16 years ago
With my 20 month old daughter in tow, 9pm is way past my bedtime :oops: I'll be tucked up at the hotel in Limburg. But I will hopefully see most of you at BBT or just wandering around at the show. Look out for this and say hello:  9957.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Bert53
16 years ago
Does anybody know of any B&B's near BBT?

Cheers,
John