Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
pbaptist Offline
#1 Posted : 11 August 2010 18:44:48(UTC)
pbaptist


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 13/08/2008(UTC)
Posts: 133
Man
Location: Netherlands

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Beutler first built the 6 Gmünd cars in 1948-49, During the period between 1953-1958 Beutler build 28? VW based 4-seats cars. From 1958-1962 Beutler build six 4-seater 356 Coupes and one Cabriolet.

For the porsche cars: http://www.typ356.de/beutler

Here is an overview of 7 remaining VW based Beutlers 4 seaters.

7 * Beutler VW

1953, First Beutler convertible made. Located in Germany


1957 Coupe Brown located in Germany (VW museum)


1958 Coupe Yellow, Located in US


1958 Coupe Red, Located in Swiss


195? Located in the US. was painted silver-blue in the late 90th


1954 Found picture in IVVM VOL 5, nr2 as Alain Veillemier his 1954 Beutler. Is this car one of the others? Who has better pictures and were is it located now?


1955 Picture from the same IVVM issue. This lightblue car was last seen in Chateau d' Oex in Swiss around 1995?, now located in London. Who has better pictures of this car?



3 * Beutler Pick-up






For info about Beutler Porsche see: http://www.typ356.de/beutler/

Edited by user 18 November 2010 19:36:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 1 user thanked pbaptist for this useful post.
Fuscabrasil on 28/08/2015(UTC)
Sponsor


(Register and log-in to hide thread adverts)
SplitPersonality Offline
#2 Posted : 17 August 2010 07:35:53(UTC)
SplitPersonality


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 26/07/2006(UTC)
Posts: 216
Location: Norway

There are a few more.. soem off the top of my head: 1: Paolo's red one, ex-Mr Beutler and winner at HO two times ago... and 2: The silver-blue one that went from Mr Herrlin to Blue Nelson about 10 years ago.. I guess it is still hiding in Blue's father's hangar..
JD Offline
#3 Posted : 17 August 2010 08:08:09(UTC)
JD


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Medals: Volksworld Elite: For getting your pre '67 VW featured in Volksworld Magazine

Joined: 15/05/2005(UTC)
Posts: 1,795
Location: Englishman in Germany

Thanks: 12 times
Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
The red pick up is not a Beutler - it´s a Fischer. Search for Fischer on the forum.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "

pbaptist Offline
#4 Posted : 17 August 2010 11:37:49(UTC)
pbaptist


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 13/08/2008(UTC)
Posts: 133
Man
Location: Netherlands

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
SplitPersonality wrote:
There are a few more.. soem off the top of my head: 1: Paolo's red one, ex-Mr Beutler and winner at HO two times ago... and 2: The silver-blue one that went from Mr Herrlin to Blue Nelson about 10 years ago.. I guess it is still hiding in Blue's father's hangar..



Hi olstein,

Is this the silver Beutler that Blue Nelson has now?


Do you know if there are two red ones. If have seen pictures of Red Beutler's with different licence plates, but thought it was all the same car.

regards
patrick


pbaptist Offline
#5 Posted : 17 August 2010 11:45:50(UTC)
pbaptist


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 13/08/2008(UTC)
Posts: 133
Man
Location: Netherlands

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
JD wrote:
The red pick up is not a Beutler - it´s a Fischer. Search for Fischer on the forum.


Thanks, I didn't knwo that.
I will move the car from the Beutler overview to the other overview.

What about the grey one? Is that one original??

Patrick
JD Offline
#6 Posted : 17 August 2010 12:15:57(UTC)
JD


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Medals: Volksworld Elite: For getting your pre '67 VW featured in Volksworld Magazine

Joined: 15/05/2005(UTC)
Posts: 1,795
Location: Englishman in Germany

Thanks: 12 times
Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
pbaptist wrote:
Thanks, I didn't knwo that.
I will move the car from the Beutler overview to the other overview.

What about the grey one? Is that one original??

Patrick


I´ve no idea, sorry. I only know about the red car as it belonged to a friend.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "

SplitPersonality Offline
#7 Posted : 18 August 2010 10:10:25(UTC)
SplitPersonality


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 26/07/2006(UTC)
Posts: 216
Location: Norway

pbaptist wrote:


Do you know if there are two red ones. If have seen pictures of Red Beutler's with different licence plates, but thought it was all the same car.



There is indeed two red ones in Switzerland... They used to belong to two brothers, but the later one - the one you pictured - (the very last VW-Beutler ever made - all Porsche components) have recently been sold. The one on the right is ex-Mr Beutler's personal car, recent winner in Hessisch and belongs to the one and only - Paolo - world authority on Beutlers.

SplitPersonality Offline
#8 Posted : 18 August 2010 10:18:27(UTC)
SplitPersonality


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 26/07/2006(UTC)
Posts: 216
Location: Norway

pbaptist wrote:
Hi olstein,

Is this the silver Beutler that Blue Nelson has now?




It might very well be - I have not seen that picture before.

It was on the East Coast for a long time - ended up in Mr Herlin's collection. Was then an older restoration and all silver. In mid-90-ies traded against a Beeskow to Blue (too many details surrounding that deal)... Blue drove it cross country out to California, added blue scalloops on it and took it to a couple of shows... I am not sure who owns it and/or where it is hiding these days.

A couple of pictures from the early 2000s:



pbaptist Offline
#9 Posted : 18 August 2010 20:54:15(UTC)
pbaptist


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 13/08/2008(UTC)
Posts: 133
Man
Location: Netherlands

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
SplitPersonality wrote:
There is indeed two red ones in Switzerland... They used to belong to two brothers, but the later one - the one you pictured - (the very last VW-Beutler ever made - all Porsche components) have recently been sold. The one on the right is ex-Mr Beutler's personal car, recent winner in Hessisch and belongs to the one and only - Paolo - world authority on Beutlers.




I know there is also the red Porsche 356B Beutler that is/was for sale recently, but that was not the one I showed in the pictures.

I have pictures of a red VW beutler with 4 different licence plates, but still think this is all the same car. (with sunroof, and white fog lights)







This pictures come form the Hessisch show (licence plate TI 7855)
pbaptist Offline
#10 Posted : 18 August 2010 21:17:11(UTC)
pbaptist


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 13/08/2008(UTC)
Posts: 133
Man
Location: Netherlands

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
SplitPersonality wrote:
It might very well be - I have not seen that picture before.

It was on the East Coast for a long time - ended up in Mr Herlin's collection. Was then an older restoration and all silver. In mid-90-ies traded against a Beeskow to Blue (too many details surrounding that deal)... Blue drove it cross country out to California, added blue scalloops on it and took it to a couple of shows... I am not sure who owns it and/or where it is hiding these days.

A couple of pictures from the early 2000s:






I found an other picture of this car. It really looks great.
Now I also want one. (I have a Okrasa powered lowlight vert for trade!! BigGrin )

Edited by user 18 August 2010 21:32:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

paoton Offline
#11 Posted : 31 August 2010 17:52:13(UTC)
paoton

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 31/08/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1
Location: Switzerland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well the red car is mine, and - as Splitpersonality said - it's only one! The number plate BE 2502 was the private one of Mr. Beutler himself, the number BE 824U was the garage plate of the carosserie Beutler back in the 70ies/80ies. The two different plates TI 7855 and TI 99102 belong both to me and were on the car in 2 different periods. I'm not James Bond, the number plate here in Switzerland is personal and not related to the car. So if you drive 100 cars over 50 years, all these cars are gonna have the same number.

I think that there are some further, not yet known cars, at least 2. Mine isn't a 1954, as reported, but a 1958 (like the yellow one - that's why they are so similar, except for the tail and the dashboard)
paoton attached the following image(s):
Montreux2009-1.jpg (62kb) downloaded 18 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
 1 user thanked paoton for this useful post.
Fuscabrasil on 28/08/2015(UTC)
zelensis61 Offline
#12 Posted : 31 August 2010 18:00:45(UTC)
zelensis61


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 28/03/2004(UTC)
Posts: 1,004
Location: belgium , cesarscamp.

Thanks: 25 times
Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hello, Paoton.

Welcome to the show...Great you find your way here.
Greetings. Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective

pbaptist Offline
#13 Posted : 01 September 2010 19:48:48(UTC)
pbaptist


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 13/08/2008(UTC)
Posts: 133
Man
Location: Netherlands

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
paoton wrote:
Well the red car is mine, and - as Splitpersonality said - it's only one! The number plate BE 2502 was the private one of Mr. Beutler himself, the number BE 824U was the garage plate of the carosserie Beutler back in the 70ies/80ies. The two different plates TI 7855 and TI 99102 belong both to me and were on the car in 2 different periods. I'm not James Bond, the number plate here in Switzerland is personal and not related to the car. So if you drive 100 cars over 50 years, all these cars are gonna have the same number.

I think that there are some further, not yet known cars, at least 2. Mine isn't a 1954, as reported, but a 1958 (like the yellow one - that's why they are so similar, except for the tail and the dashboard)


Hallo Paolo,

Thanks for joining this topic about the Beutler cars. As Oystein writes you are the world authority on Beutlers.

Can you confirm the production figure of 28 VW Beutlers made?

regards
Patrick

heb623 Offline
#14 Posted : 01 September 2010 20:33:27(UTC)
heb623


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 18/03/2004(UTC)
Posts: 1,366
Location: somewhere in Belgium

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
What a mistake to make!!!Blink

Twisted Evil ET

Edited by user 06 September 2010 06:02:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
heb623 Offline
#15 Posted : 01 September 2010 20:34:31(UTC)
heb623


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 18/03/2004(UTC)
Posts: 1,366
Location: somewhere in Belgium

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Twice!!!

Twisted Evil ET

Edited by user 06 September 2010 06:03:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
JD Offline
#16 Posted : 02 September 2010 08:31:28(UTC)
JD


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Medals: Volksworld Elite: For getting your pre '67 VW featured in Volksworld Magazine

Joined: 15/05/2005(UTC)
Posts: 1,795
Location: Englishman in Germany

Thanks: 12 times
Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
heb623 wrote:
Hello JD?

where do you get that wisdom?
I know the owner and I know the story about that car and all I can say:It is a Beutler!Blink

Twisted Evil ET


This is the blog of my friend, who (I assume) your friend bought it from.

http://krautspeed.blogsp...3A00Z&max-results=12
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "

pbaptist Offline
#17 Posted : 05 September 2010 18:44:26(UTC)
pbaptist


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 13/08/2008(UTC)
Posts: 133
Man
Location: Netherlands

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Not VW but it is Beutler related,

I find this ad today.
Seems like Beutler also make special cars based on the porsche 944. They call it the Porsche 944 SaCA (Safety Cabriolet)

Has anybody seen this before?



regards
Patrick
heb623 Offline
#18 Posted : 06 September 2010 05:53:09(UTC)
heb623


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 18/03/2004(UTC)
Posts: 1,366
Location: somewhere in Belgium

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
You are wright and I am wrong!!!Blushing
Just shoot me!!! Blink
Not really!!!Shame on you

Twisted Evil ET

Edited by user 06 September 2010 06:06:40(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
JD Offline
#19 Posted : 06 September 2010 08:27:18(UTC)
JD


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Medals: Volksworld Elite: For getting your pre '67 VW featured in Volksworld Magazine

Joined: 15/05/2005(UTC)
Posts: 1,795
Location: Englishman in Germany

Thanks: 12 times
Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
heb623 wrote:

Just shoot me!!! Blink



Ok, just a little. Laugh

"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "

vintagevw Offline
#20 Posted : 06 September 2010 21:00:21(UTC)
vintagevw


Rank: pre67vw Junkie

Joined: 03/09/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,142
Location: Belgium

Thanks: 1 times
Hm, I know this garage very well! ;-) Beer

Edited by user 06 September 2010 21:01:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2017, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.183 seconds.