Poll Question: What should Judson53 do with his oval?

Total: 27

pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
14 years ago
Regarding Chris's comment about guessing how many forum members have roadworthy pre '67 vw's (he guessed 50%) - lets find out!
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Chris
14 years ago
Do I win a prize if I'm right ? :lol:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
14 years ago

Do I win a prize if I'm right ? :lol:

Chris wrote:

You win the prize of wearing a smug look on your face for a whole day...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
zelensis61
14 years ago
I have 2 pré67 on the road.
My oval 56 :d and my Zelensis....altough the zelensis does not come out much.:oops:
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
lifeintheslowlane
14 years ago
I have a '58 Charming Queer Croupier and a third share in a '63 Brasilian Kombi.
John.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

I have a '58 Charming Queer Croupier and a third share in a '63 Brasilian Kombi.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

Nice car - I was admiring it from the neighbouring guest house at Hessich. Somehow you managed to avoid me the entire weekend, with your early rising!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Chris
14 years ago

I have a '58 Charming Queer Croupier.

lifeintheslowlane wrote:

:shock: I hope that's a car John
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
lifeintheslowlane
14 years ago

:shock: I hope that's a car John

Chris wrote:

:oops: Whoops, spelling mistake...Charming Queer Kroupier.:wink:

...Somehow you managed to avoid me the entire weekend, with your early rising!

JD wrote:

Most would say you got off lightly James...Rockstock still has the scars from an encounter.:lol:
John.
mrsherbie
14 years ago
Yes, we have 4 pre67 that stay MOT'd and roadlegal all the time. But of course you can only drive one at a time and then you factor in non vw friendly weather and all of a sudden you have only used each one a couple of times each year, if that.

I think 70-80% is more correct. There are more people on this forum with only occassional hobby only use non daily driven cars than any other forum I am certain, and I also bet this forum for its user numbers has the highest count of nice old cars sat in garages unused :lol: I rate that as a good thing, but of course it means trying to encourage everyone to come out at once is far more difficult than simply offering getting drunk/a rave & fancy dress disco at a vw show.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann